To start selling in IndicaOnline you have to create product profiles. The process of onboarding the inventory into IndicaOnline will consist of 3 steps:
1. Creating profiles for new products;
2. Accepting incoming transfers in Metrc system (this is required if you are located in a Metrc regulated state);
3. Checking the product in to add quantity.
To create a new branded product, do the following:
- Log in to your IndicaOnline account, go to Inventory on the left-hand side of the screen and click +Add New Product button to bring up the New Product page;
- Select the Branded product class, and start typing in the name of the brand in the Brand Name field. IndicaOnline will suggest variants from its database, however, if the brand cannot be found, switch to the Custom product class.
- As you have selected the product brand, start typing in the name of the product. IndicaOnline will show you the list of products this brand contains that correlates to the characters entered. If you have the same product but in different weight, then it will be displayed as separate products.
- Fill out the SKU and UPC fields, if needed.
- As you have select the product name of the product you want to create, the system automatically fills out the product form with the available information, such as Strain Name, Category, Strain Type.
- All branded products are measured in Units. Under the Prices section you can set the measurement either Per Unit or Per Unit Range, use the preset, if needed, set the sales prices and save them as a preset.
Refer to this article to get more information on measurements.
- Under the INVENTORY section, the Net Weight field will be filled out automatically. Here you can also provide information on TWCC (total weight of cannabis concentrate), lab results and enable the Package Control setting, if necessary.
Refer to this article to learn more about Package Control.
- Configure your product settings under the Other Information sections by turning the toggles on or off. Please study the toggle definitions below the picture.
Tax Exempt - if you want to subject a product to tax, simply switch the 'Tax Exempt' toggle on/off when creating or editing a product. The tax is disabled by default.
Self Distributed - for California dispensaries operating under non-arm's length (micro business license). If this setting is turned on, 15% excise tax will be taken from the sales price and placed into Excise tax report. Businesses operating under separate medical or retail licenses should not have this setting turned on.
The Print Label setting will allow product labels to be printed automatically when added to the cart. We suggest keeping this setting off for non-marijuana products (you don't need a label for a pipe).
The Publish on Potify toggle should be turned on for products that you want to be synced with your Potify store. Products with this setting turned to On will be synced to your online store automatically.
The Free Shipping setting is only used for online store integration. When turned on, this product, when ordered by itself, will be processed with free delivery/shipping. It appears when the Show On Potify toggle is on.
Show on Weedmaps - To avoid doing the double-entry and to help save enormous amounts of time you can sync your IndicaOnline menu with Weedmaps automatically. Turn on this setting for all products you want to display on your Weedmaps menu and follow the instructions on how to sync the menus.
- Fill out the Extraction Method, Allergens, Tag, Ingredients and Description fields and click the Save button to create a new product. If the product description has been filled out automatically, but you added some information or completely changed it, you can always go back to the original description by clicking the Default Description button at the bottom of the page.
Product tags and description are optional. Tags are transferred to the online store and might serve as search criteria for your customers. The product description is transferred to the online store and can also be pulled up by budtenders when placed in the cart. This can help them better explain the products to customers.
To assign a custom product to a brand, do the following:
- From the product list, select the product you want to become branded, and click the assign brand link.
- Select the brand and the product name you want to be assigned to the product. You cannot select the branded product that you have already created. Make sure that Net Weight and MMJ type of both products match, and then click Save.
- If you are sure to replace the existing custom product with the branded one, click Yes.
Each branded product in the product list will have a purple star and the brand name under the product name.
All the brands you have created can be found under Inventory -> Brands.
Your feedback is important to us. If you have questions or concerns regarding this article, feel free to reach out to our tech support team.