You can create BOGO discount preset to be automatically applied to the cart at checkout. Please make sure you have the necessary permission (Manage Safe/Shelf Inventory) for the Discounts tab to be visible.
One can create as many BOGO Discounts as needed, with no regard to Conditions crossover.
Refer to this article to learn more about permissions.
How to create a BOGO Discount
Go to Marketing -> Discounts tab to access the Discount List.
On the Discount List page click the New button.
- Select BOGO as the discount type.
- Select the In-Store and/or Potify Order Source.
Please note that the Order Source field cannot be edited once the discount has been saved.
- Enter the Discount Name. Discount Name is a unique internal IndicaOnline name.
- Enter the Display Name (available if Potify Order Source is selected). Display Name is a name that may be displayed on Potify Dispensary Promo page.
- Enable the Set As Specials On Potify toggle (available if Potify Order Source is selected). Discount will be displayed on Product Tile and as Specials Filter on Potify. If disabled, then Discount will not be displayed on Product Tile and in Specials filter on Potify, but Discount would still be available on Potify for applying on the checkout.
Please note that if Set As Specials On Potify toggle is enabled, the Limit Per Discount settings would not be available.
To see how Specials filter is displayed on Potify, see the Displaying on Potify section of this article.
- Set the status to Active if you want the discount preset to be auto-applied once conditions are met in the Cart, or Inactive if you want to disable it.
- The Exclude Items On Special toggle is inactive by default. You can enable it if you do not want to include the items with special price to the BOGO conditions.
- The Individual Use Only toggle is inactive by default. You can enable it, if you want BOGO discount to be the only discount in the order, so it will be non-stackable (no other promo codes, manual, auto-apply, or BOGO discounts can be applied).
Limit per Discount
- Limit per Discount Section allows setting up discount re-use limitation in relation to one Patient individually or a number of Patients. Please note that if Set As Specials On Potify toggle is enabled, the Limit Per Discount settings would not be available.
- Enable the Number of Uses toggle and set the desired amount of applications of BOGO discount. Number of Uses (Left) may be changed at any time, but as soon as Left value reaches zero, the discount application will be disabled immediately
- Enable Once per Patient toggle to limit application of BOGO once per each Patient. This setting is disabled by default
Set the start and end date of a BOGO discount. Select the Ongoing checkbox for a BOGO discount to be active all the time, unless specified otherwise.
Click on the Starts On or Expires On fields and select the desired month and day using the calendar.
For the Happy Days setting, select the checkboxes next to the days you want a promo code to be active. You cannot uncheck all days, because it will make a promo code inactive.
Set the Happy Hours setting for a promo code to be applicable within certain time periods. By default, it is set to 24 hours.
Click on the Happy Hours From or To fields and drag the Hour and Minute sliders to specify the time. Click Done to confirm.
Click the button to add additional Happy Hours. Click the button to delete additional Happy Hours.
- Set quantity of items to trigger BOGO discount into Buy field and quantity of items eligible for discount into Get field.
- Set BOGO Discount value in either percentage or flat price into Discount Amount field. Alternatively, selecting the Free radio button will automatically set the Discount Amount to 100%
- Enable the Multiply BOGOs toggle to allow multiple applications of the BOGO Discount (Buy 2 Get 1, Buy 4 Get 2, etc. )
Discount is applied only to the product with the lowest cost in the Customers' cart.
In order to be applicable for a BOGO Discount, Customers must add the total sum of all products from the Discount's conditions.
For example, the Discount is "Buy 2 to get 1 for free". In this case, Customers must add three products to a cart. Then Customer will pay for two products, and will receive the third (the one with the lowest cost) for free. If Customers adds only two products, this Discount will not be applicable to them.
Specify the conditions for your BOGO discount.
You can specify the offices that this discount will be available at. All offices are selected by default.
Product Conditions function similarly to Filters. Filter the Products that you want your BOGO discount to be available for.
Available conditions are:
- Product Category
- Strain Type
- Product Tag
Product condition for BOGO works only with Unit Products.
Do you want specific products to be discounted? Just select Product condition, click on the Enter Name field, and it will display a dropdown list with all available Products. You can select multiple Products from the dropdown.
Please note that Customers can add different products that are specified in the Product Condition to their cart, and BOGO will be applicable.
For example, let's use the beforementioned "Buy 2 to get 1 for free" BOGO discount. You have specified "Product 2", "Product 3", and "Product 5" in the Product Conditions. Then if a Customer adds one unit of "Product 2" to the cart, adds one unit of "Product 3", then adds one unit of "Product 5", this BOGO discount will be applied to these items, because a Customer added the third product and they all are specified in the Product Conditions. And this Customer will get the third product for free (discount applied to the product with the lowest cost).
Also, Customer can add three units of one product (i.e. "Product 3") and BOGO will also be applied to these items.
Want to choose all pre-rolls from STIIIZY? You do not have to pick them manually from the Product List.
You can simply choose condition Brand is STIIIZY, then click the Add Condition and specify Product Category is Pre Rolls (in the same Condition Block).
If you add a new product that falls under the existing discount conditions, then this product will be automatically discounted. For example, you have a discount for STIIIZY Pre Rolls. When you add a new Pre Roll of STIIIZY brand to IndicaOnline, it will fall under your discount conditions and will be automatically discounted.
If you want to select not only STIIIZY Pre Rolls, but also STIIIZY Pods, then add Pods into the same Product Category field as Pre Rolls (using multiselect).
And if you would like to select not only STIIIZY Pre Rolls and Pods, but also BLOOM Vape Pens, you can add additional Condition Block by clicking the Add Condition Block button. And then specify Brand is Bloom, and Product Category is Vape Pens.
You can select the filter is or isn't, which works as an inclusive/exclusive filter.
Please note, that if you select the Product Category condition and select the category (i.e. Edibles), then only products from the Edibles category will be discounted. Product from Edibles Sub-categories would not be added.
You can delete conditions inside the block by clicking the button, or delete condition blocks by clicking the Delete Block button.
Clicking the Save button will save all the discount settings and sync the newly created Promo Code to either POS, Potify, or both for further application.
Displaying on Potify
All discounts with the enabled Set As Specials On Potify toggle are displayed on the Specials filter menu on Potify.
On the Specials filter menu, Customers can switch between Discounts by clicking on the Discount name (i.e. "10% Off All Concentrates" and "20% Daily Special with Promo Code..." etc) and leave the Specials filter menu by clicking the Clear button.
During Checkout, on the Summary Page Customers are able to see all products added to cart, and see all applied discounts.
To see detailed information on the item discount, click the icon.
Customers can also see all applied discounts by clicking on the icon near Automatic Discounts.
Your feedback is important to us. If you have questions or concerns regarding this article, feel free to reach out to our tech support team.