Before you can complete a transaction, you will need to add a patient to your database. It can be done both on the iPad and on the computer.
1. On your computer in your IndicaOnline account click on "Patients" at the top of the menu to the left, then click "Add Patient". Type in all the required information.
Note: Depending on the state, there are several patient types available to choose from when adding a patient. You must create a patient type in strict compliance with the law and validating the age of every patient is an essential element of compliance. Depending on the type of the patient, the date of birth entered must be correct in order to create a profile.
Press "Create Profile" after filling out the relevant fields in the profile.
2. Then you will be brought to the patient profile.
Serving medical patients is still a vital part of business for cannabis retailers. Any medical patient that checks in must present a doctor’s recommendation or a state marijuana medical card. Before making any purchases all recommendations and state cards must be verified.
Add a Recommendation
- Go to "Patients";
- Click on "Patient List";
- Click on the patient name;
- Go to "Recommendations";
- Click on the "Add New Recommendation" tab.
In the "New Recommendation" form, in order to simplify the process, the "Verification Provider" field was pre-filled with the "State MJ Card" value.
- Enter the Registry/Certificate Number. If the field does not include all values (e.g. 15 out of 30 characters), the message "Incorrect Registry/Certificate Number" will be displayed;
- Add an expiration date;
- Click "Save".
Note: If using the iPad to check in the patient, you must enter in dashes on their state ID (HW-7RFG-CW2D-WE4D-LN89-I1LS-JE).
Note: If you are in Oklahoma, please refer to our article here to learn about specific points you should keep in mind when creating a patient profile in order for your reports to be compliant.
3. Once you have all the required documents, you can check the patient in by clicking the "Check In" button in the top right hand corner of the patient profile and this patient will be automatically added to the queue.