Barcodes are used throughout IndicaOnline to quickly retrieve the product it's attached too. Also, every product in IndicaOnline has its own SKU and UPC numbers.
SKU (stock keeping unit) is an alphanumeric code that identifies a product and helps to track your inventory. Most SKU numbers are about 8 to 12 characters long and located on the price tag of a product. SKU numbers are printed on your product label along with UPC number (universal product code) and other product information. UPC is a 12-digit code placed on products by the manufacturer. UPC numbers are also a random assortment of numbers, whereas all the characters in an SKU number are purposefully chosen. SKU locates on top of the barcode and UPS is under.
To add these numbers to the product manually, do the following:
- Log in to your IndicaOnline account;
- Click the Inventory tab on the left-hand side of the screen and then hit +Add New Product;
- Or click the Inventory tab on the left-hand side of the screen, hit Product List and select the product you would like to edit;
- Click the Actions drop-down in the right-hand side corner and press Edit Product to edit, change, or update the existing product.
- Under the Overview section, enter the SKU created by your company or use the one on the package and the UPC that is on the package of the product you are working with.
Once you have entered this information, scroll down and click the Update button at the bottom of the page.
The barcode generated by IndicaOnline and the UPC number can both be scanned to identify the product. Barcodes, UPCs and SKUs are tied to the product profiles.
Refer to this article to get information on how to generate barcodes for packages.
Your feedback is important to us. If you have questions or concerns regarding this article, feel free to reach out to our tech support team.