The Cost of Goods Sold (COGS) report allows you to view a detailed breakdown of your product data including the total number of transactions involving individual products, gross sales for those products, amount sold in units, the cost you paid for the products, the gross profit made/percentage of profit made, the average sale price of these products, and the price per unit of these products.
To configure the COGS report, do the following:
- Log in to your IndicaOnline account, go to Statistics on the bottom left-hand side and click the Reports tab to bring up the products report page;
- Use the dropdowns of the categories you are after to set the search criteria, select the time frame and click the Search button on the right-hand side of the screen to configure the report you need;
The COGS report will be divided into several columns:
1. Product Name - the name of the product;
2. Category - the name of the product category (Flowers, Concentrate, Edible, etc);
3. Gross Sales - total sales minus taxes and delivery fee;
4. Sold Qty - the total amount of the product sold (units & weight);
5. Gross Refunds - total refunds excluding all taxes collected and delivery fee;
6. Returned Qty - the total amount of the product returned (units & weight);
7. Net Sales - Gross Sales minus Gross Refunds;
8. Net Qty - Sold Qty minus Returned Qty;
9. COGS - the total cost of the product sold;
10. Gross Profit - Net Sales minus COGS; if refunded, Net Sales plus COGS;
11. Gross Profit Margin - Gross Profit divided by Net Sales times 100%.
- Click the Export dropdown menu button on the right-hand side of the screen and select the file format (CSV or PDF);
- Click the Downloads button to be redirected to the Statistics ⇒ Downloads page;
- Click the highlighted link to download the file or the garbage bin icon to delete it.
Your feedback is important to us. If you have questions or concerns regarding this article, feel free to reach out to our tech support team.