Track the sales performance of product categories with the Sales by Category report. See which categories generate the most sales, which have the highest costs, and which are most profitable.
To configure the Sales by Category Report, do the following:
- Log in to your IndicaOnline account, go to Statistics on the bottom left-hand side and click the Reports tab to bring up the reports page;
- Click the Sales by Category Report button under the Reports tab;
- Use the filters to set the search criteria, set the time range and click the Search button;
- Click the Export drop-down button on the right-hand side of the screen to export it to the csv or pdf file.
The report is represented as a diagram, where you can hover over the column to view the data.
- Scroll down to view the whole statistics in numbers that show top categories by the total amount of sales & by the number of transactions for the selected date range.
|Product Category Name||Name of the product category (flower, edible, concentrate, etc.)|
|Gross Sales||The total amount for the orders without taxes and shipping cost|
|Sold Quantity||The total quantity of goods sold (units & weight)|
The total amount of the quantity returned without taxes and shipping cost
|Returned Quantity||The total quantity of product returns|
|Net Sales||Gross Sales minus Gross Refunds|
|Net Quantity||Sold Quantity minus Returned Quantity|
|COGS||The total cost of products sold (Net Quantity)|
Net Sales minus COGS; If refunded, Net Sales plus COGS
|Gross Profit Margin||
Gross Profit divided by Net Sales times 100%
Your feedback is important to us. If you have questions or concerns regarding this article, feel free to reach out to our tech support team.