Metrc is the software used by the State government to track marijuana and marijuana products. With IndicaOnline and Metrc integration, you will be able to automate many processes that would otherwise have to be done manually in both systems.
When integrating IndicaOnline with METRC, all manifests and packages are pushed from METRC to IndicaOnline where you can check in these packages to their respective product profiles. All sales data is then pushed from IndicaOnline back to METRC after each sale. All transactions are recorded in real time once you have completed the METRC integration.
Metrc Data Pushed to IndicaOnline:
Metrc imposed several limitations on the sync process and there are several operations that have to be done directly in Metrc:
- Creating transfer manifests for customer deliveries, vendor returns, or transfer between facilities
- Accepting and rejecting incoming transfers from vendors or other facilities
- Changing the unit of measurement prior to accepting the package
It is important to understand that all changes made to your inventory in IndicaOnline will be automatically synced up to Metrc. However, if you make changes in Metrc account, those changes will not be reflected in the IndicaOnline and might cause inconsistent inventory.
To avoid any discrepancies between Metrc and IndicaOnline, you must perform the following actions only within your IndicaOnline account:
- Set up facilities;
- Set up staff profiles;
- Create Metrc strains;
- Create product profiles;
- Create pre-packs and print labels;
- Check in packages;
- Split packages;
- Adjust package quantity;
- Finish and unfinish packages;
- Unlink packages;
- Post sales (and recommendations, for Montana only).
If you or your employees have done some of these actions in Metrc, please contact IndicaOnline for further assistance.
IndicaOnline Data Pushed to Metrc:
IndicaOnline is able to automate certain tasks for you, so you do not have to perform entries in two systems. IndicaOnline will push:
- Sales from associated packages
- Changes in quantity for all packages
- Change of the product prices
- Combining or splitting packages
You will do the following tasks in IndicaOnline:
- Create product profiles for cannabis and non-cannabis products
- Add quantity to the products once the transfer is accepted in Metrc
- Report sales to Metrc automatically
- Close packages
- Make adjustments to the packages and track the reasons
To ensure that your inventory is accurate and compliant, we require you to make package adjustments only through your IndicaOnline account unless directed otherwise.
We are open to your suggestions and feedback. Thank you for using IndicaOnline. If you have more questions regarding this article, you can submit your request to the tech support.