To start selling in IndicaOnline you have to create product profiles. The process of onboarding the inventory into IndicaOnline will consist of 3 steps:
1. Creating profiles for new products;
2. Accepting incoming transfers in Metrc system (this is required if you are located in a Metrc regulated state);
3. Checking the product in to add quantity.
Creating Custom Products
To create a new custom product, do the following:
1) Go to Inventory -> Add New Product.
2) Select the Custom product class, and start typing in the name of the product in the Product Name field. As IndicaOnline starts suggesting variants from its database, you can either pick one or continue typing if the product name is not found.
Refer to this article to get information on how to create branded products.
3) Fill out the SKU and UPC fields if needed.
4) Pick the product category from the Category dropdown and select a strain. If you choose a suggested product from the database, IndicaOnline will set the strain itself. If you feel that your product is a different strain than IndicaOnline suggests, you can make necessary changes at any time.
5) Turn the Marijuana Product toggle on and select the type from the dropdown list. If the toggle is off there will be no dropdown button.
The Marijuana Product setting must be turned on for all marijuana and marijuana-infused products. This will be used for reporting as well as proper tax calculations. Your products have to be marked as a marijuana product for MJ taxes to be applied.
6) Fill out the Prices section: select the measurement, use the preset, if needed, set the sales prices and save them as a preset.
Refer to this article to get more information on measurements.
7) Enable the Package Control setting in the Inventory section by turning the Enable Package Control toggle On (YES). Click the Read More button to get the information on Package Control.
In order to be compliant, some States have the Total Weight Of Cannabis Concentrate field.
Refer to this article to learn more about Package Control.
8) Under the Lab Results section enter the amount of THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol), CBD (Cannabidiol) and CBN (Cannabinol) in the product if necessary.
In order to be compliant, some States have additional advanced Lab Results.
9) Configure your product settings under the Other Information sections by turning the toggles on or off. Please study the toggle definitions below the picture.
Tax Exempt - if you want to subject a product to tax, simply switch the 'Tax Exempt' toggle on/off when creating or editing a product. The tax is disabled by default.
Self Distributed - for California dispensaries operating under a micro business license. According to the Bureau Of Cannabis Control, a micro business license allows a licensee to engage in the cultivation of cannabis on an area less than 10,000 square feet and to act as a licensed distributor, Level 1 manufacturer, and retailer.
Print Label allows product labels to be printed automatically when added to the cart. We suggest keeping this setting off for non-marijuana products (you do not need a label for a pipe).
Publish on Potify toggle should be turned on for products that you want to be synced with your Potify store. Products with this setting turned to On will be synced to your online store automatically.
Free Shipping setting is only used for online store integration. When turned on, this product, when ordered by itself, will be processed with free delivery/shipping. It appears when the Show On Potify toggle is on.
Publish on Weedmaps - to avoid doing the double-entry and to help save enormous amounts of time you can sync your IndicaOnline menu with Weedmaps automatically. Turn on this setting for all the products you want to display on your Weedmaps menu and follow the instructions on how to sync the menus.
Publish on Leafly - turn on this setting for all the products you want to display on your Leafly menu and follow the instructions on how to sync the menus.
10) Fill out the Extraction Method, Allergens, Tag, Ingredients, and Description fields and click the Save button to create a new product.
Product tags and descriptions are optional. Tags are transferred to the online store and might serve as search criteria for your customers. The product description is transferred to the online store and can also be pulled up by budtenders when placed in the cart. This can help them better explain the products to customers.
Refer to this article to learn more about creating branded products and assigning custom products to branded ones.
Your feedback is important to us. If you have questions or concerns regarding this article, feel free to reach out to our tech support team.