To start selling in IndicaOnline you have to create product profiles. The process of onboarding the inventory into IndicaOnline will consist of 3 steps:
- Creating product profiles for new products
- Accepting incoming transfer in Metrc system (this step is required if you are located in a Metrc regulated state)
- Check the product in to add quantity
This manual will describe how to create a product profile for new products.
1. Navigate to Inventory and click 'Add New Product'
2. Start with entering the product name
You will notice that IndicaOnline gives you name suggestions (from its database) as soon as you start typing the product name. You can use the provided name or keep typing if the product name is not found.
3. Create product symbol, select product category, and strain
Product symbol is required for all products. It can be between 2-3 letters or numbers. Symbols are used in POS screen to help your budtenders or back-office staff better identify the specific strain. If you select a suggested product from the database, IndicaOnline will fill in the symbol and the product strain. If you feel that your product is a different strain than IndicaOnline suggests, you can edit the strain at any time.
4. Select Measurement and set the sales prices
*Check the main article about measurements for more details
5. Configure your product settings:
- Self Distributed - for California dispensaries operating under non-arm's length (micro business license). If this setting is turned on, 15% excise tax will be taken from the sales price and placed into Excise tax report. Businesses operating under separate medical or retail license should not have this setting turned on.
- Marijuana Product? - This setting must be turned on for all marijuana and marijuana-infused products. This will be used for reporting as well as proper tax calculations. Your products have to be marked as a marijuana product for MJ taxes to be applied.
- Lab Results - This setting can be used for non regulated markets. When a product has constant lab results (usually edibles or drinks) you can save them within a product profile and they will be printed on the product labels. In many cases, flower or concentrates will have lab results that fluctuate and/or are attached to the package profile, thus will be entered during product check-in.
- Show on Weedmaps - To avoid doing the double-entry and to help save enormous amounts of time you can sync your IndicaOnline menu with Weedmaps automatically. Turn on this setting for all products you want to display on your Weedmaps menu and follow the instructions on how to sync the menus.
- Show on Potify - This setting should be turned on for products that you want to be synced with your online store (Potify or Website). Products with this setting turned on will be synced to the online store automatically.
- Free Shipping - This setting is only used for online store integration. When turned on, this product, when ordered by itself, will be processed with free delivery/shipping.
- Print Label - This setting will allow product labels to be printed automatically when added to cart. We suggest to keep this setting off for non marijuana products (you don't need a label for a pipe).
6. Fill in product tags and description
Product tags and description are optional. Tags are transferred to the online store and might serve as a search criteria for your customers. Product description is transferred to the online store and can also be pulled up by budtenders when placed in the cart. This can help them better explain the products to customers.