To start selling in IndicaOnline you have to create product profiles. The process of onboarding the inventory into IndicaOnline will consist of 3 steps:
1. Creating profiles for new products;
2. Accepting incoming transfers in Metrc system (this is required if you are located in a Metrc regulated state);
3. Checking the product in to add quantity.
To create a new product, do the following:
- Log in to your IndicaOnline account, go to Inventory on the left-hand side of the screen and click +Add New Product button to bring up the New Product page;
- Start typing in the name of the product in the Product Name field. As IndicaOnline starts suggesting variants from its database, you can either pick one or continue typing if the product name is not found;
- Fill out the Symbol, SKU and UPC fields if needed.
The product symbol will be set automatically if you have picked the product name from the list. It is required for all products and can be between 2-3 letters or numbers. Symbols are used in POS screen to help your budtenders or back-office staff better identify the specific strain.
- Pick the product category from the Category dropdown and select a strain. If you choose a suggested product from the database, IndicaOnline will set the strain itself. If you feel that your product is a different strain than IndicaOnline suggests, you can make necessary changes at any time.
- Turn the Marijuana Product? toggle on and select the type from the dropdown list. If the toggle is off there will be no dropdowm button.
The Marijuana Product? setting must be turned on for all marijuana and marijuana-infused products. This will be used for reporting as well as proper tax calculations. Your products have to be marked as a marijuana product for MJ taxes to be applied.
- Fill out the Prices section: select measurements, set the sales prices along with the amount of THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol), CBD (Cannabidiol) and CBN (Cannabinol) in the product if necessary.
Refer to this article to get more information on measurements.
- Configure your product settings under the Other Information sections by turning the toggles on or off. Please study the toggle definitions below the picture.
Tax Exempt - if you want to subject a product to tax, simply switch the 'Tax Exempt' toggle on/off when creating or editing a product. The tax is disabled by default.
Self Distributed - for California dispensaries operating under non-arm's length (micro business license). If this setting is turned on, 15% excise tax will be taken from the sales price and placed into Excise tax report. Businesses operating under separate medical or retail license should not have this setting turned on.
The Print Label setting will allow product labels to be printed automatically when added to cart. We suggest keeping this setting off for non-marijuana products (you don't need a label for a pipe).
The Show on Potify toggle should be turned on for products that you want to be synced with your online store (Potify or Website). Products with this setting on will be synced to the online store automatically.
The Free Shipping setting is only used for online store integration. When turned on, this product, when ordered by itself, will be processed with free delivery/shipping. It appears when the Show On Potify toggle is on.
Show on Weedmaps - To avoid doing the double-entry and to help save enormous amounts of time you can sync your IndicaOnline menu with Weedmaps automatically. Turn on this setting for all products you want to display on your Weedmaps menu and follow the instructions on how to sync the menus.
- Fill out the Extraction Method, Allergens, Tag, Ingredients and Description fields and click
the Save button to create a new product.
Product tags and description are optional. Tags are transferred to the online store and might serve as search criteria for your customers. The product description is transferred to the online store and can also be pulled up by budtenders when placed in the cart. This can help them better explain the products to customers.
Your feedback is important to us. If you have questions or concerns regarding this article, feel free to reach out to our tech support team.