Brother QL-810W Mac Setup
For best results please follow the official Brother video detailing the initial setup for the Brother QL-810W on a Mac computer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbodY3hv5Bk
Follow these steps to connect a Brother QL-810W Printer to your WiFi network using a Macintosh computer
1. Plug your printer into an electrical outlet, but DO NOT turn the printer on yet.
2. Load in the large roll of label paper that came with your printer. These are DK-1201 Thermal labels size 1-1/7" x 3-1/2" (29mm x 90mm), and you will need this model number later when you need to reorder labels. Do NOT use larger size!
3. Plug your printer into your computer using the provided grey USB cable. Now you can turn on your printer using the power button.
4. Visit the Brother Site Support Page https://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadhowto.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=lpql810weus&os=10051&dlid=dlfp100664_000&flang=178&type3=347 and download printer driver:
5. Once the DMG file is installed to your Downloads, Launch it by clicking and then Double Click on StartHereMac.app to open Installer
6. Launch the tool once it has downloaded open it and press "Next" To Connect.
8. It will next search for wifi networks that your printer can connect to. Be sure to pick the same local network that your iPad is connected to.
9. Enter your network password when prompted:
10. The Setup will next prompt you to disconnect the USB cable from the printer. Once its on your network the USB cable is no longer needed:
11. You can continue on and install the printer driver if you’d like to print from your computer.
12. The wifi light on the printer will turn solid green once it’s connected and has obtained an IP address.
13. Once you are connected, you'll be able to add the printer on the iPad POS in Hardware to set as Default and use.