For optimal Hub style delivery please activate the following settings via Indica POS and IndicaOnline.
On Indica POS
Navigate to Settings ⇒ Inventory, and enable the toggles for Dispatcher Mode and Optimize Driver Routes
- Dispatcher Mode - Allows dispatchers to assign orders to delivery drivers and track their real-time location.
- Optimize Driver Routes - Assigns orders based on the desired delivery time and estimated time of arrival, optimizes routes to avoid traffic delays.
Click Statistics, and then the POS Registers tab.
To the right of the register you want to expand the delivery capabilities for, click the Setting button.
In the Edit Register pop-up window, at the bottom, select the Dispatch Orders Based On Delivery Zones check box, and then click Save. Once enabled, the system will automatically detect the delivery zone based on the address of the customer and the location of the hub/office.
After fulfillment activation, dispatch will build the cart and "save" the order.
All saved orders will be available from the "Orders" view, it is suggested to apply the "Unfulfilled" filter for easy viewing. These saved orders will appear as "Pending".
The order fulfillment is represented in three colored boxes:
Unfulfilled order. This status is used for delivery and pick up orders. As soon as the order is saved, the status of the order is unfulfilled. Click the button next to the gray box to start fulfilling.
Processing order. This status is assigned to the orders that have started the fulfillment. It indicates that the order is being prepared to be assigned to the driver or to be picked up. Click the green button to mark the order as fulfilled or red to stop the process.
Fulfilled order. The order will be fulfilled as soon as the products are in the bag, and the order is either ready to be picked up by the customer or assigned to the delivery driver.
Fulfillment statuses allow your employees and customers to be notified about progress on orders. Orders will go from Unfulfilled to Processing and then Fulfilled when the order is ready for pick up or ready to be assigned to a delivery driver. Every time the fulfillment status changes, the customers and the employees will be notified via push notification, email, or SMS message.
There are some action combinations you can perform on the Order page:
- Click the Return To Shelf button if the order has been canceled or rejected and the products must be returned to the shelf.
- You can Decline or Accept a newly created order when the courier has not been assigned yet, or Assign the courier.
- You can Assign the courier or Reject the order when the fulfillment process has already started or has been completed but the courier has not been assigned yet.
- You can Reassign or Cancel when the courier has been assigned and the order has been fulfilled.
Select the "Pending" order and "Accept" the order to initiate fulfillment.
Now "start fulfilling" to confirm the items in the order.
During fulfillment, staff has the option of manually adding the item to the order or simply scanning the item's unique IndicaOnline barcode. This window will also allow editing of the existing order. After the items are confirmed, staff will mark the order as fulfilled and assign to the appropriate driver.
Your feedback is important to us. If you have questions or concerns regarding this article, feel free to reach out to our tech support team.