IndicaOnline is committed to providing cannabis retailers with innovative compliance tools that simplify state reporting and minimize the margin of human error. Once you have linked Metrc to your domain, sales and adjustments will sync in realtime. Our intuitive package management tools and unique barcodes make it easy to stay compliant.
The State of California contracted Metrc as its traceability partner to track sales of cannabis and cannabis products from seed to sale. All licensed retailers are responsible for daily reporting of their cannabis sales to the Metrc system. IndicaOnline can be fully integrated with the Metrc system and will automate the reporting process for you.
Below is a step-by-step guide explaining what a dispensary needs to do in order to be able to integrate their IndicaOnline account with the Metrc system. To get a detailed explanation of the step, follow the hyperlinks provided in the corresponding step description.
1. Obtain Annual Cannabis License
2. Submit your annual license application to the licensing authority
Once you have received your license you have 30 days to be compliant.
3. Apply for a username and password through Metrc
4. Register and complete the CCT Account Manager New Business System Training within 5 days of receipt of your license
Metrc requires that everyone must complete online training before they can get an account. Once you have the annual cannabis license, you should contact Metrc by phone 1-877-566-6506 or schedule your training online on their website HERE.
5. Request confirmation from the Metrc support team that your annual license is approved and the training has been completed
7. Call IndicaOnline at (888) 420-4207 to enable Metrc integration for your IndicaOnline account
8. Set up Metrc facilities in your IndicaOnline account
9. Create your employee profiles in your Metrc account
Important: The employee profile must have the required Metrc Permissions.
Keep in mind: Metrc Supplemental User Guide for California advises that only employees requiring access to Metrc to do their jobs should be given accounts and each employee should only be granted the minimum permissions required for their job.
10. Set up staff profiles in your IndicaOnline account
11. Export your available packages from IndicaOnline and email this information to BCC to have your tags released
13. Begin checking in Metrc packages
14. Start processing sales and send live reports to Metrc
Once your account is integrated, IndicaOnline will report each transaction with a Metrc product to Metrc. All reporting will be done automatically and you will be able to track the status of each order in our easy-to-read interface.
15. Prepare your pre-existing inventory to sync to Metrc
- Audit and migrate your pre-existing inventory
- Barcode your pre-existing inventory
- Export your available tags from Metrc
- Call your IndicaOnline representative and schedule the sync to Metrc
Please note it can take up to 7 days to complete, but you will not have to stop your normal business.
Important: After completing Metrc Integration and/or Inventory Migration, please do not proceed with checking in your MJ products via the product profile anymore. Use the Pending Packages tab or the Manifest detail page after accepting the transfer from Metrc.
To avoid a variance between Metrc and IndicaOnline, you must perform certain actions within your IndicaOnline account only.
Your feedback is important to us. If you have questions or concerns regarding this article, feel free to reach out to our tech support team