In an effort to make the transition to the Metrc integration as smooth as possible we are rolling out Metrc Compliant Products. This product profile will have the same options and settings as products that will be reported to Metrc. If you are located in California, Alaska, Montana or Massachusetts we strongly recommend to start the transition process as soon as possible.
What will be different for Metrc Compliant Product (MCP):
All sales must be done by scanning the Barcode. You will be able to search for product by typing the barcode number. Searching by product name or scrolling through products won't be available.
- No sales from the Jar will be available (in California). Flower products have to be set as weight and sold in pre-packs. Flower products cannot be sold as units or any other measurement except Weight.
- You can’t check in bulk quantity for weight products. Flower products have to be checked in as prepackages. Unit products will be checked in as usual.
- Transfers between products will no longer available.
- Returned product after the sale will be stored in the system separately and will not be returned to the available inventory quantity to resell. Returned product can be returned to the vendor or destroyed (adjusted)
Switching your existing products to Metrc Compliant Product (MCP):
- Have to be in Weight Measurement
- Product has to have no weight in the Jar. All quantity must be in prepackages
Concentrates, Edibles, Drinks and other non-flower products:
- Products have to be in Weight Measurement.
What will happen with the existing quantity that I currently have?
- All currently available quantity will be assigned to a system package. No changes will be visible to the existing quantity.
Will the barcodes that I generated for the existing quantity work when I switch product to MCP?
- Your existing inventory barcodes will work the same way and will be recognized by IndicaOnline system. When you are checking in new quantity, you will have to generate unique barcodes for each prepackage weight or unit product.
- Check out this article to learn how to generate barcodes for a unique package.
NOTE: NONE OF THE SALES WILL BE REPORTED TO METRC UNTIL YOUR ACCOUNT IS FULLY INTEGRATED WITH METRC.
IndicaOnline requires at least 3 week notice if you applied for your annual (permanent) license to prepare your account for Metrc Integration.