For every location or shelf you have on your IndicaOnline account, you are also given a storage for your inventory management. This way, you can have your inventory, that is not currently on your storefront for purchase, be stored in the back office. Thereby, you can properly track and move products to your storefront when you are out of stock.
We recommend that you check in products first to your storage and when you are ready to sell pull them from the total inventory over to your storefront.
To add a storage to your account, do the following:
- Log in to your IndicaOnline account, go to Config at the bottom left and click Offices & Storages on top of the menu list to bring up the Offices & Storages page;
- Click the Add Office/Storage button on the right-hand side of the screen to bring up the 'What Would You Like To Add?' pop-up;
- Press the Add New Storage button to create a new storage;
- Fill out the Storage Name field. It is suggested that you include what store this storage is directly tied to so that you'll avoid any confusion if you have multiple locations with your IndicaOnline account. Click the Save button to confirm the changes.
The storage will appear at the end of your Offices & Storages list. Drag and drop the line to change the hierarchy.
- You cannot create a storage using your POS register.
- You cannot create sales that pull inventory from a storage. You'll need to first transfer products from your storage to your storefront beforehand if you are out of stock and need to restock your location.
- You cannot assign an iPad register to a storage, only a storefront shelf. You can still manage the inventory stored in a storage from an iPad if you have the correct staff permissions to do so.
To limit your staff members to storage access, do the following:
- Navigate to the Config tab in the lower-left side of the screen, click Staff and select the staff member whose access you want to restrict;
- You will be prompted to the Overview tab. Click the Edit tab under General Information;
- Scroll down, select the Selected storages radio button and use the storage list to choose the storages this staff member has access to. Click Save to confirm the changes.
Refer to our article here on how to add an office.
Your feedback is important to us. If you have questions or concerns regarding this article, feel free to reach out to our tech support team.