Smart Assignment is the best solution for Delivery Services.
We use the best solution from Google Maps enterprise navigation platform to build the best route without wasting time. Based on the data, and the desired delivery time Smart Assignment suggests the best courier for each order.
The delivery dispatcher can set multi-point drop-off locations with up-to-date information on traffic conditions, distances between points, and estimated travel times. Once the order is assigned, the driver will scan the barcode to accept the orders when picking them up for delivery. After the order is scanned it is added to the delivery list and the ETA will be generated based on the route/traffic conditions.
Smart Order Assignment allows delivery management and route optimization for local deliveries. It allows you to set a desired delivery time and orders will automatically be suggested to be assigned to a specific driver considering current traffic conditions and driver's location.
How to Use Smart Order Assignment
To use the Smart Order Assignment, do the following:
1) Smart Order Assignment can be activated on individual iPad POS registers. Go to Menu -> Settings -> Inventory and turn on the Optimize Driver Routes toggle.
2) Go to Menu -> Orders.
3) Tap the Smart Assignment button.
4) On the Smart Assignment screen, all orders that are ready for delivery are displayed.
5) The system will consider one of the offices as a default dispatch location and will calculate ETAs for the deliveries from that location.
You can customize the Start point of dispatch, Delivery Corridor, Fulfillment Time, and Handling Time.
Delivery Corridor is the time frame within which the delivery should be completed. Smart Order Assignment will only assign the orders that can be delivered within the set delivery time.
Fulfillment time: The amount of time it takes to prepare the order.
Handling Time: Time of interaction between customer and delivery driver (check out).
Smart Order Assignment adds the fulfillment and handling times to the time en route and suggests orders that can be delivered within the set delivery corridor.
To change those options (i.e. Delivery Corridor), tap the corresponding gray dropdown list and select the appropriate time or start point.
6) Pending Orders column displays all orders in the Pending/Processing status. These orders cannot be assigned to the driver yet.
Orders for Delivery column displays all orders that are ready for fast delivery. These orders can be assigned to the driver.
Map displays the visual route for delivery.
Each order contains:
- Order Priority Number.
- Order Number.
- ETA (Estimated Time of Arrival) — the amount of time it will take the order to be delivered if a driver leaves now. — not optimized ETA. — optimized ETA (green triangle means that the ETA decreased, red triangle means that the ETA increased).
- Fulfillment Status. — order is unfulfilled. — fulfillment is in process. — order is fulfilled.
- Delivery Address.
- Drag and Drop — tap and hold the button, then drag and drop the order to switch its place in the Orders for Delivery column. It will change the queue of the delivery. Locked orders cannot be dragged and dropped.
- Order Lock — allows to lock the sequence of order deliveries, so they will be delivered in the exact order, even after the route optimization. Locked orders cannot be dragged and dropped.
- Location of the office selected at the "Start point of dispatch"
- Blue Pin — selected orders for delivery
- Gray Pin — pending order
- Current Location
7) Rearrange the delivery order queue if necessary. Tap and hold the icon and drag, then drop the order to the position that is more suitable.
To secure the position for a selected order, tap the icon. When you see that an order has the icon, that means that this order is locked and it is impossible to move it by dragging and dropping.
Orders that do not fit into the specified Delivery Corridor have an icon and are highlighted with red borders.
Please keep in mind that the options to rearrange the order queue and to lock the orders are available in IndicaOnline Driver application only.
8) You can click the Optimize Route button to improve the delivery route with the real-time information from the Google API, that takes into account traffic conditions.
Please note that orders can switch places after this optimization. To prevent that from happening to specific orders, lock the order by tapping the icon.
9) To assign selected orders, driver needs to have their shift open and be available for assignment.
Tap the Assign Driver button.
10) In the opened Select Driver popup, select the driver from the list by tapping the checkbox next to the driver's name, then tap the Confirm button.
Orders will be assigned to the driver and will disappear from the Orders for Delivery column.
What driver must do after the assignment
After the order is assigned, the driver receives a push notification.
All driver’s orders fall into the Awaiting Delivery section. The driver must return to the office and pick up orders.
- Open Delivery App
- Tap the Scan Barcode button
- Scan receipt barcode
After successfully scanning the barcode, the order is included in the delivery list.
Then the driver must inform the customer that the order is on the way.
- Open Delivery App
- Open оrder profile
- Tap the Start Order button
After this, the customer will receive an SMS message that the order is on the way.
Please make sure to set up Twilio integration within your IndicaOnline account in order for SMS messages to be sent.
"Not Home" and "Canceled" Orders
- The driver must return all "Not Home" orders to the office. If the driver does not do this, he will not be able to close the cash register.
- The dispatcher must accept them and return the products to the shelves. If the dispatcher does not do this, the product will be lost.
To return the product to the shelf, open the order and tap the Return to Shelf button.
Your feedback is important to us. If you have questions or concerns regarding this article, feel free to reach out to our tech support team.