Smart Assignment is the best solution for Delivery Services.
We use the best solution from Google Maps enterprise navigation platform to build the best route without wasting time. Based on the data, and the desired delivery time Smart Assignment suggests the best courier for each order.
The delivery dispatcher can set multi-point drop off locations with up-to-date information on traffic conditions, distances between points, and estimated travel times. Once the order is assigned, the driver will scan the barcode to accept the orders when picking them up for delivery. After the order is scanned it is added to the delivery list and the ETA will be generated based on the route / traffic conditions.
The function "Smart Assignment" is a beta version. We apologize for any temporary problems and looking forward to your feedback.
Smart order assignment allows delivery management and route optimization for local deliveries. It allows you to set a desired delivery time and orders will automatically be suggested to be assigned to a specific driver considering current traffic conditions and drivers location.
Activating smart order assignment:
To start using, smart order assignment can be activated on individual iPad registers. Click on Menu-->Settings-->Inventory-->Optimize Driver Routs
Configuring acceptable deliver, fulfillment, and handling time:
The system will consider one of the offices as a default dispatch location and will calculate ETAs for the deliveries from that location.
Delivery Time in minutes or hours: Is the time frame within which the delivery should be completed. Smart order assignment will only assign the orders that can be delivered within the set delivery time.
Fulfillment time: The amount of time it takes to prepare the order
Handling Time: Time of interaction between customer and delivery driver (check out)
Smart order assignment will total fulfillment and handling times with the time enroute and only suggests orders that can be delivered within the set delivery time frame.
The section is divided into 3 parts:
- In the left part: Pending Orders you see all the orders in the Pending / Processing status - these orders are not yet assigned to drivers. Sort by: Delivery Time
- In the central part: Orders for Delivery, you will see all the orders that are selected by the system for optimal fast delivery. These orders will be assigned to the driver. Sort by: ETA
- In the right part: Map, visual route for delivery.
The orders contains:
- Order Number
- Time left - how much time is left before the specified time in the settings.
- ETA - the amount of time it will take the order to be delivered if driver leaves now.
- Fulfillment Status
- Delivery Address
- Location of the office which selected in ‘Settings’
- Blue Pin - selected orders for delivery
- Gray Pin - pending order
- Current Location
Assigning orders to the driver:
To assign suggested orders, driver needs to have their shift open and be available for assignment.
- Open ‘Smart Assignment’
- Based on your settings, the system automatically suggest the best delivery route. But you can clear the proposed optimal route and create your own list of orders.
- Next tap to 'Assign Driver'
- In appear popup, select the courier
- Next tap on “Save”
Finish: Orders will disappear from the list and automatically be assigned to the driver.
What must a driver do after an assignment:
After the order is assigned, the driver receives a push notification.
All driver’s orders fall into the section ‘Awaiting Delivery’. The driver must return to the office and pick up orders.
- Open Delivery App
- Tap to ‘Scan Barcode’
- Scan receipt barcode
After successfully scanning the barcode, the order is included in the delivery list. The ETA will then be calculated for the order.
What should the courier do to inform the customer that the order is on the way:
- Open Delivery App
- Open оrder profile
- Tap to ‘Start Order’
After this, the customer will receive an SMS message that the order is on the way.
What to do with 'Not Home' and 'Canceled' orders:
- The driver must return all 'Not Home' orders to the office. If the driver does not do this, he will not be able to close the cash register.
- The dispatcher must accept them and return the products to the shelves. If the dispatcher does not, the product will be lost.