Connecting the Star TSP100IIIW Wi-Fi printer to your network, assigning a static IP Address and configuring it to use with IndicaOnline POS on your iPad.
- Press and hold the Pair button until the blue LED of the printer blinks (see the diagram below)"the printer's Mac address
- Press the WPS (or equivalent) button of the router.
- When the printer connects to the network, the blue LED will stop flashing and become solid blue. The printer will print off its connection information including its IP Address. Your printer is now setup on your network.
Now open the Wi-Fi Settings on your iPad. Among the list of networks you should see the TSP100III listed with the last six digits of the Mac address beside it (see below). Tap on it to join the network.
A popup will appear to tell you that an Internet connection cannot be made. Tap 'Join Anyway'.
The name of the printer's network 'TSP100III-xxxxxx' will appear with a tick beside it (xxxxxx being the last six digits of the printer's Mac address).
Open a browser on the iPad you are connecting the printer to and type in the address entry field 169.254.1.1 (fixed IP address of the Ad-Hoc mode)
Log in with the default username 'root' and the password 'public'. A popup may appear to prompt you to change the password. Tap OK to change it or Cancel to leave it as it is. Now click on 'WLAN Settings' from the menu in the left panel of the screen.
Enter the name of your office LAN network (SSID) and the security key (Password) as shown here and then tap on the 'Submit' button.
Now tap the flashing red 'Save' button on the left side.
Proceed with tapping the 'Execute' button as shown above to reboot your printer.
The printer will restart and self print its settings with a new IP Address at the bottom of the self print.
Your printer is now connected to your network and it now remains for you to reconnect your iPad to your network in the iPad Wi-Fi settings. Tap on the name of your network and enter the password to reconnect.
Configuring your printer on IndicaOnline POS
1) Log in to Indica POS and access the Menu, then click Settings:
2) Go to Hardware Settings & Click Receipt Printers:
*Note: Your Star TSP100 IIIW Printer will be listed as default.
3) Click the receipt printer listed and select Test Printer. A test receipt will print as the confirmation of connection.
If your Star TSP100 III Printer is experiencing connectivity issues, please reset your router and proceed to the hard reset steps listed below. Once the following steps are complete, you will need to reestablish connection using the activation steps above.
1. Turn your printer off.
2. Open the paper hatch.
3. With the paper hatch open, hold down the feed button and power on the printer.
4. After powering on the printer, keep your finger on the Feed button until the Ready and Error lights start to blink blue and red.
5. Release your finger from the Feed button and close the paper hatch. The Ready light should be blue.
6. Turn off the printer. When you power it back on, the printer will be set to DHCP.
*If you would like to check, hold the Feed button down while powering on the printer. When the Ready light starts to flash, let go of the Feed button.