Connecting the Star TSP100IIIW Wi-Fi printer to your network, assigning a static IP Address and configuring it to use with IndicaOnline POS on ipad.
- Press and hold the Pair button until the blue LED of the printer blinks (see diagram below)
- Press the WPS (or equivalent) button of the router.
- When the printer connects to the network the blue LED will stop flashing and become solid blue. The printer will print off it's connection information including its IP Address. Your printer is now setup on your network.
Open the Wi-Fi Settings on your iPad. Among the list of networks you should see the TSP100III listed with the last six digits of the Mac address beside it (see below). Tap on it to join the network.
A popup will appear to tell you that an Internet connection cannot be made. Tap 'Join Anyway'.
The name of the printers network 'TSP100III-xxxxxx' will appear with a tick beside it (xxxxxx being the last six digits of the printers Mac address).
Open a browser on the iPad you are connecting the printer to and type in the address entry field 169.254.1.1 (fixed IP address of the ad-hoc mode)
Login with the default username 'root' and the password 'public'. A popup may appear to prompt you to change the password. Tap OK to change it or Cancel to leave it as it is. Now click on 'WLAN Settings' from the menu in the left panel of the screen.
Enter the name of your office LAN network (SSID) and the security key (Password) as shown here and then tap on the 'Submit' button.
Now tap the flashing red 'Save' button on the left side.
Now tap the 'Execute' button as shown above to reboot your printer.
The printer will restart and self print it's settings with a new IP Address at the bottom of the self print.
Your printer is now connected to your network and it now remains for you to reconnect your iPad to your network in the iPad Wi-Fi settings. Tap on the name of your network and enter password to reconnect.
The next step is to configure your printer on IndicaOnline POS.
1) Log in to Indica POS and access Menu then click Settings:
2) Go to Hardware Settings & Click Receipt Printers:
*Note: Your Star TSP100IIIW Printer will be listed as default.
3) Click the receipt printer listed and select Test Printer. A test receipt will print as confirmation of connection.