Brother QL-810W PC Setup
For best results please follow the official Brother video detailing the initial setup for the Brother QL-810W on a Windows computer click here.
Follow these steps to connect a Brother QL-810W Printer to your WiFi network using a PC computer:
1. Plug your printer into an electrical outlet, but DO NOT turn the printer on yet.
2. Load in the smaller roll of label paper that came with your printer. These are DK-1201 Thermal labels size 1-1/7" x 3-1/2" (29mm x 90mm), and you will need this model number later when you need to reorder labels. Do NOT use a larger size!
3. Plug your printer into your computer using the provided grey USB cable. Now you can turn on your printer using the power button.
4. Visit the Brother Site Support Page and download printer driver:
5. Launch the tool once it has downloaded open it and press "Next" to connect.
6. Select "Wireless Network Connection" as the connection type.
7. Select "Yes, I have a USB cable to use for installation" and click next.
8. Select "Brother Peer-to-Peer Network Printer" and click Next.
9. Select "Change the firewall port settings to enable network connection and continue with the installation. (Recommended)".
10. Select "Yes, I want to connect the device to this wireless network." (Choose your local network).
10. Now discount the USB cable between your computer and the device.
11. The wifi light on the printer will turn solid green once it’s connected and has obtained an IP address.
12. Once you are connected, you'll be able to add the printer on the iPad POS in Hardware to set as Default and use.
We are open to your suggestions and feedback. Thank you for using IndicaOnline. If you have more questions regarding this article, you can submit your request to the tech support.