This information refers to IndicaOnline customers in states where Metrc is deployed.
At this point, Indica POS system is the only user-friendly POS system that allows your business to be fully integrated with the Metrc tracking system by instantly uploading all sales to Metrc. However, as a retail licensee, it is still your duty to check and make sure that you are always on the right track.
With proper training in place, reasonable steps have to be taken in order to satisfy a legal requirement, especially in accepting or selling the MMJ products.
In order to create an opportunity for our customers to work correctly with the Metrc compliance tool and meet this Metrc track-and-trace situation, you should follow our current guidelines on how to organize and sort your inventory in order to remain legal and compliant.
HAND WEIGHING FLOWER SCALE VS. USING PREPACKAGES:
Depending on your state regulations, you may be able to weigh your MMJ products before the retail transaction (in Alaska, Colorado or Oregon) or to sell them pre-packaged only (in the rest of the Metrc states).
If you want to sell cannabis flower deli-style, you have two options to track which package should be deducted from each sale: Select the package on your POS system at the time of sale, or print a barcode for the active package currently sold.
Selecting packages at the point of sale could be confusing for your employees once you have many packages in stock at once. For this reason, we recommend that you print a barcode for each active package. This allows you to print a barcode for an active package that is currently on the floor and IndicaOnline automatically pulls the weight out of the correct package by scanning it.
HOW TO CHECK IN METRC WEIGHT PACKAGES:
1. In Indica, click on the "Inventory" tab on the side navigation menu → Go to the "Pending Packages" section, where you can sync, check in, and Split packages.
Click on the "Synchronize" tab in the "Pending Packages" area to keep your Metrc data updated.
You can also sort your packages according to the manifest number, the facilities, the Metrc product and the category of products. You can also add a new Metrc licensed vendor or assign an existing vendor, which has been approved by Metrc, to continue your previous sales history.
2. Select the weight product (oz., g.) → Click on the "Check In" tab.
Depending on the product you choose to check in, it will affect whether a specific unit of measurement (weight product; unit weight product) is required or not in a default product form.
Pick the weight product you want to check in in the default product form;
3. Next, select your product name from the dropdown menu in the "Check-In Product" area;
4. In the list of available facilities, select your facility;
Please note that the vendor information has already been pre-set on the "Check In Product" form, so the text box "Vendor" cannot be edited when you open the form.
5. Arrange the quantity in pre-packs and jars. Once you sort your quantity into categories, the total quantity of the METRC package will be deducted automatically.
Next, put the correct quantity. If you simply repackage or pull from an existing package and put it in a new package, the quantities will be the same on both sides. Enter positive quantity (above zero '0') to check in the weight package for Metrc. Do not enter zero or negative quantities to prevent any unpleasant results in order to have your package checked-in correctly. You cannot use the amount of weight other than what you have available.
6. Enter the amount of payment and other information, such as the results of the laboratory test and product notes and click "Continue."
7. Once you have checked your package, Indica will automatically transfer the package to the "Checked In Packages" area, where you can see it as active and manage your inventory, print Indica labels, and instantly begin your sales;
8. Click on the product name in the "Checked In Packages" area to go to the product profile;
9. From there, you can manage the quantity of your product (drag and drop to transfer, create pre-packages or adjust the quantity) in order to have the right quantity of the product available.
If you sell pre-packaged flower, a unique barcode from IndicaOnline will be printed to assign it to a specific Metrc package for each pre-package increment. This way IndicaOnline pulls the right weight from the right Metrc package when you sell pre-packaged.
Attention: We require that you make package adjustments only via your IndicaOnline account to ensure that your inventory is accurate and compliant unless otherwise directed.
We are open to your suggestions and feedback. Thank you for using IndicaOnline. If you have more questions regarding this article, you can submit your request to the tech support.