Indica Online gives you a new standard of service and a peace of mind in knowing your data is safe, secure, and now with the Indica Offline Mode, it is available at any time.
This year, we are proud to announce a huge update to our IndicaOnline POS system. Introducing the new Indica Offline Sales Mode.
Now you can push the limits of POS technologies with Offline Sales Mode to work smoothly and effortlessly to meet and benefit your business needs. Indica Offline Sales Mode has been designed to drive consistent growth in sales and generate revenue that exceeds your expectations. New capabilities of Offline Sales Mode allow staff to access and make adjustments to existing product inventory, access and make adjustments to the patient/customer database, process walk-in orders and accept payments for an unlimited amount of time when your Internet service is temporarily unavailable.
To ensure sales opportunities are never lost or disrupted, all offline payments, sales, and inventory information will sync straight into the IndicaOnline system and with Metrc automatically when your device regains connectivity.
Enable Offline Mode:
1. From Indica POS app, tap the "Offline Mode" toggle on and enter a PIN to activate Offline Sales Mode. Please bear in mind that you must enter the PIN of an employee who last signed in to the Indica POS system to activate the offline sales mode. Please ensure that the correct PIN is entered, otherwise, the system will display the error message "Invalid PIN."
2. Once you've entered the correct PIN number, you will get to the shopping cart screen where you can add a patient from a dropdown selection and process your offline sale. When you complete the offline order processing and after accepting the payment, the system will return you back to the shopping cart screen;
3. Once your Internet service is reestablished, you can log out of Indica Offline Sales Mode. After logging out, you will get back to the original PIN screen, where the Offline Mode will be automatically turned off and you would have to enter your PIN to access your IndicaOnline account;
4. Once logged in, the system will initiate an automatic synchronization to export and back up all your offline payments, sales, and inventory information processed in the Offline Sales Mode to your IndicaOnline account;
5. If sync has completed successfully, the system displays a dialog window that states "Well done! All offline orders have been synced successfully". Now you have all offline orders in your IndicaOnline order history;
6. If your shift is open, once you tap on the "Start Work" button, the system will take you to the Patient Queue page;
7. However, if some of the orders have not been synced due to any data discrepancies, the system will display a dialog window that states "2 out of 4 orders have not been synced";
8. While exporting, if the work shift is closed, you may encounter order sync problems. In such instances, the system will display a dialog window that states "Orders haven't been synced! Please open shift and try again";
10. If there were no offline sales, there are no screens with messages;
11. If the offline mode is on for a long time, the system should display a pop-up window every hour stating "Offline mode / Please log out of the system and check the network connection";
12. Payments for offline orders must be made in full (there is no possibility to make a partial payment).
Accounting for discrepancies with Offline Orders:
Sometimes due to certain data discrepancies, some of the offline orders will not be exported.
1. In order to see and manage Unprocessed Offline Orders, a staff member has to have required permissions, such as "Manage orders". The Offline Orders discrepancies are usually caused by the conflict between two or more POS systems and the out-of-stock inventory problem;
2. Once you are signed in to your IndicaOnline account, you can see how many Unprocessed (backlog) Offline Orders you currently have;
3. To see which orders haven't been processed, click on "View orders" to go to Unprocessed Offline Orders breakdown view;
4. Click on "Actions" to go to the Unprocessed Offline Order Profile overview, where you can see an error message displayed above "You have a discrepancy with the quantity of a product. Please, check qty. Item:" and a warning icon or alert (a triangle with an exclamation mark inside) warning about a specific item discrepancy;
5. Once you click on the little triangle sign, the system will open a popover that explains exactly why this data doesn't match up.
We are open to your suggestions and feedback. Thank you for using IndicaOnline. If you have more questions regarding this article, you can submit your request to the tech support.