This article is intended to provide instructions for retailers or dispensaries who are responsible for providing additional specific labeling requirements that must be included on the label.
To each package of marijuana product sold to a consumer, retail facilities or dispensaries must affix a label setting out some additional information, such as:
- The name of the licensed marijuana testing facility that performed any required test;
- The test date;
- The results of each required test expressed in THC, CBD, and CBN content (%, mg);
- The production lot number or Batch ID number assigned to the product in the package.
The following are the simple instructions that can be used for setting up your labeling requirements on your POS system:
To accurately match required label forms, add new information to a pre-designed label template layout.
1. From your Indica POS system go to "Settings" → "Receipt and Label";
2. In the "Manage Your Receipt and Label" section, tap on "Package Control" to enable custom label fields;
3. When you finish, go to "Inventory" → click on the "Check In" tab;
4. In the "Check In" popup window, please fill in the following custom fields: UID, Batch ID, and Lab Results. Please note, UID field has to have the same set of information as the Batch ID field;
- Product Name;
- Batch ID;
- Check-In Date;
- Cost Per Gram;
- Payment Amount
5. In addition, if you have yet to do so, please add new Lab Results and fill in the required input fields for:
- Laboratory Name;
- Laboratory Test Date;
- THC, CBD, and CBN content [in milligrams or %] per package.
6. Click on the "Back" button to finish the check-in process and to continue;
7. After your package has been successfully checked in, go to the "Product List" section;
8. Click on the product name to print out a new pre-designed label template;
9. Click on the "Printer" icon and select a package;
9. Once you have chosen your desired MMJ package, indicate the number of copies you want to print;
10. When you finish, your printed label will have the required information on it.
We are open to your suggestions and feedback. Thank you for using IndicaOnline. If you have more questions regarding this article, you can submit your request to the tech support.