This step-by-step guide is aimed towards our customers to learn to set up, activate and connect the all-in-one Credit Card Reader and Printer Clover Mini to your Indica POS system.
With the integrated card reader, this device accepts and reads all major credit cards securely and accurately. In addition, Clover Mini prints receipts, allows customers to view sales details, accepts tips, and allows to select receipt options on the screen.
How do I set up my Clover Mini?
Before you begin using your Clover Mini device, you must complete the setup to connect it to your Indica POS system. After setup, the device can be activated and used.
Important: To connect Clover Mini to Indica POS system, this device doesn't have to be physically connected to your router via network cable or Wi-Fi. Instead, Wi-Fi is required at the site to complete the setup.
1. Connect the power cable to the power adapter block;
2. Connect the power adapter to the Hub round port and connect it to power;
3. Open the printer cover at the back of the device;
4. Load the printer paper from the top of the roll;
5. Close the top on the paper;
6. Connect to Wi-Fi. The device starts up automatically. After a few startup screens, the setup assistant appears;
How do I activate Clover Mini?
Use the setup assistant to complete the activation process after setting up the hardware for the Clover Mini. The device will be ready to connect to Indica POS system once it is activated.
1. Simply find your email for activation and keep in mind the activation code;
2. You will receive an email shortly with the subject "Your Clover Mini Device ID and Activation Code."
If you have multiple Clover devices, match the Device ID in each activation email with the number at the bottom of each Hub to indicate which device code is for.
3. Select your language and tap "Pick Language" menu;
4. Tap "Configure" to connect to your Wi-Fi network to establish your wireless connection with your device;
5. Tap "Continue" after the device checks for updates;
6. Enter the activation code of 8 digit numbers from step 1;
7. Set a passcode with 4 or 6 digits and tap "Set Employee Passcode". When you reboot, this is used to unlock the device, to wake it from sleep mode, or exit the Network Pay Display app. Choose the passcode that is easy to remember because it cannot be changed on the device itself;
8. Enter your desired passcode again and tap "Confirm Passcode". Wait for the default apps to download and install, then tap "Next".
9. Customize the passcode setting and tap "Continue" (Optional). In addition, you can customize and control the tip and signature preferences from your BackOffice Receipt Settings, so the second setting does not need to be changed.
10. Swipe left to the next page on the home screen and open the Network Pay Display app. Tap and hold an icon to change the order in which the apps appear;
11. To exit the Network Pay Display app, use the digital touch on your Clover device and then tap "Got it";
To connect the device to Indica POS, follow the steps below:
1. Connect the Clover device to the Indica POS app to start using it. Before you start, make sure the Clover device and the Indica iPad are on the same network and remember that only one iPad can be connected to the Clover device at a time;
2. You will see the Clover IP address at the bottom of the page;
3. In Indica POS, go to "Settings" → "Hardware" → tap the "Clover" tab;
4. Next, enter the Clover IP address into the address bar on your Indica POS system;
5. Tap "Start" in the Network Pay Display app on your Clover device;
6. In Indica, tap "Pair";
7. Enter the passcode created during the device activation process on the Clover Mini;
8. Next, enter the pairing code shown in the Indica POS app on the Clover device;
9. In Indica, wait until the green button "Connected" and a small Red Cross icon are displayed;
10. The Clover Mini All-in-One Credit Card Reader and Printer is now set up and ready to use with your Indica POS system.
We are open to your suggestions and feedback. Thank you for using IndicaOnline. If you have more questions regarding this article, you can submit your request to the tech support.