This information applies to our existing customers in California who are beginning to track their cannabis sales via Metric track-and-trace system. Please follow specific California state instructions to begin the Metrc migration process first.
All customers in California must migrate the current product quantity to Metrc. In order to facilitate this process, the "Migration Inventory" section must be organized, in which companies indicate the correct categories and the products to be migrated.
California is more complex from an operational point of view and has the highest user volume than any of the states out there. You can, therefore, be more effective and use all your resources to prepare for Metrc if you consider our guidelines.
1. Access to the "Inventory Migration" page is only available to those employees:
- Who has access to all Metrc Facilities;
- Whose Metrc key is specified in IndicaOnline;
- Who has IndicaOnline "Safe/Shelf Management" permission
2. Go to "Config" → "Inventory Migration";
3. In the "Inventory Migration" page, you can:
- Sort the product collection by its product name (default);
View the quantity of MMJ products available. Products with available quantities of "0" are not visible;
- View Product Category;
- View Quantity Type (Weight/Count);
- View Metrc Category;
- View Facility Name;
- View Package Quantity;
- Toggle on/off, if your product is "Ready For Migration";
- Open and assign Metrc Category under "Actions".
5. When clicking on the blue tab, the pop-up window "Assign Metrc Category" is displayed for each product in the list, which contains basic product information and some mandatory text fields to be filled depending on the product type:
- If you have a weighted product, the weight category can only be assigned;
If this is a unit product with or without weight, it can be made as a unit or unit weight product:
1. Use this form for the weight-based products;
2. Use this form for the count-based products;
3. Use this form for the weight-based products that are sold as units and contain the Net Weight of a product.
6. Once the product is assigned to the Metrc category, two other options "Edit" and "Erase" will appear instead of the "Assign Metrc Category" button;
- The first option "Edit" opens the edit form. When you click on it the "Assign Metrc Category" screen is displayed;
- When you click on the "Erase" button, the confirmation window displays a pop-up message "Are you sure you want to erase Metrc category?";
- The second button "Erase" clears the data entered and the button "Assign Metrc Category" appears again.
We are open to your suggestions and feedback. Thank you for using IndicaOnline. If you have more questions regarding this article, you can submit your request to the tech support.