This information applies to our existing customers in California who are beginning to track their cannabis sales via Metrc track-and-trace system.
All customers in California must migrate the current product quantity to Metrc. In order to facilitate this process, the "Inventory Migration" section must be organized, in which companies indicate the correct categories and the products to be migrated.
California is more complex from an operational point of view and has the highest user volume than any of the states out there. You can, therefore, be more effective and use all your resources to prepare for Metrc if you consider our guidelines.
To avoid inventory errors, manual migration work for you and your employees, fees for professional services and possible shutdown complete this process to ensure compliance.
Audit your inventory
Make sure you have a consistent naming convention for your products in IndicaOnline and check for any duplicate product profiles. Merge them into one profile and hide the duplicates if there is a sales history. Complete a live inventory count and make sure IndicaOnline matches what you have on the floor and in your storage.
Once you have completed your inventory audit, you can begin to connect the products you have in IndicaOnline to the correct package quantity type and category in Metrc. To simplify this process we have built a widget into IndicaOnline.
NOTE: Access to the "Inventory Migration" page is only available to those employees:
- Who has access to all Metrc Facilities;
- Whose Metrc key is specified in IndicaOnline;
- Who has IndicaOnline "Safe/Shelf Management" permission
On your computer navigate to Config - Inventory Migration
Here you can:
- View the number of the products ready for migration and the expected amount of tags you have to order for the packages;
- View and sort the product collection by its product name (default);
View the quantity of MMJ products available. Products with available quantities of "0" are not visible;
- View Product Category;
- View Quantity Type (Weight/Count);
- View Metrc Category;
- View Facility Name;
- View Package Quantity;
- Toggle on/off if your product is "Ready For Migration";
- Open and assign Metrc Category under "Actions".
Go to one product at a time and click “Assign Metrc Category” to open the pop-up window. It contains basic product information and some mandatory text fields to be filled depending on the product type:
- If you have a weight product, the weight category can only be assigned;
If this is a unit product with or without weight, it can be made as a unit or unit weight product:
- Use this form for the weight-based products
- Use this form for the count-based products
- Use this form for the weight-based products that are sold as units and contain the Net Weight of a product
As you complete each product, move the toggle switch “Ready for Migration” to “ON”. You will need to complete this for every product on this list.
Once the product is assigned to the Metrc category, two other options "Edit" and "Erase" will appear instead of the "Assign Metrc Category" button.
- The first option "Edit" opens the edit form. When you click on it, the "Assign Metrc Category" screen is displayed
- When you click on the "Erase" button, the confirmation window displays a pop-up message "Are you sure you want to erase Metrc category?"
- The second button "Erase" clears the data entered and the button "Assign Metrc Category" appears again.
Please refer to this article to learn more information on how to start with Metrc in California.
We are open to your suggestions and feedback. Thank you for using IndicaOnline. If you have more questions regarding this article, you can submit your request to tech support.