This document outlines the instructions for retail cannabis store licenses that are necessary to comply with the requirements for tracking and reporting on cannabis products in the state of Oklahoma.
In order to avoid potential problems and challenges, we give you some time to be able to go over your inventory and manually adjust the inventory data in accordance with our full guideline for the items you currently have. During this transition period, you can edit existing product types only in IndicaOnline, not on your POS system. Once the implementations take place, you won't be able to edit any of your products.
The guidelines listed below must be followed when calculating values submitted on the monthly Cannabis Retailer Compliance Report.
Retailers (licensees) must read and understand the content of this article before they set up their cannabis retail operations. This is necessary to comply with state legislation related to the sale of medical cannabis.
If the commercial licensee fails to submit the required monthly report and fails to correct this deficiency within 30 days of the written notice of the Department, the license may be withdrawn.
I. New product types
Companies registered in Oklahoma State are now able to select new types of products when creating a new product profile. Please note that creating new types of products is available both in IndicaOnline and on your POS system.
- Transdermal Patch
- Combined category
- Immature Plant (seedling)
- Mature Plant
- Add Other Product Type
II. Restrictions on adding or editing product types
When compliance reports are generated, the key moment is to avoid errors and achieve long-term consistency.
To make fewer mistakes in your reports, the "Weight" and "Weight Range" tabs for the Edible product type will be disabled when creating a new product. In addition, for the Edible product type with the unit and unit range measurement, the switcher "Each Only" will be switched to "NO" and disabled;
2. Flower/Bud, Shake/Trim, Waste:
The tabs "Weight," "Weight Range," "Per Unit," and "Per Unit Range" will be available when creating a new product for the product types like Flower/Bud, Shake/Trim, and Waste. Additionally, for the same product types with the unit and unit range measurement, the switcher "Each Only" will be switched to "NO" and disabled;
3. The tincture, Topical, Transdermal Patch, Extract, Concentrate, Capsule, Suppository, Combined Category:
For product types like Tincture, Topical, Transdermal Patch, Extract, Concentrate, Capsule, Suppository, Combined Category with Weight, Weight Range, Per Unit, and Per Unit Range measurement, the switcher "Each Only" will be switched to "Yes" and disabled;
4. Immature Plant (seedling)/Mature Plant:
The Immature Plant (seedling)/Mature Plant product types "Weight" and "Weight Range" tabs will be disabled when a new product is created and for the same product types with the unit and unit range measurement, the "Each Only" switch will be switched to "YES" and disabled;
5. Once all the required information has been entered, click "Save."
When you click the "Save" button, the dialog box will appear asking you "Do you really want to create a new product? Once this action is completed, you will not be able to edit the original product content for these fields: Marijuana Product, Product Type, Measurement."
6. In addition, there is no transfer to another product between MMJ products and non-MMJ products. Transfer to another product for MMJ products can only be carried out between the same product type.
III. Patient Profile
- Adult Patient
- Minor Patient
- Temporary Adult Patient
- Temporary Minor Patient
You will be able to add a caregiver in the corresponding patient profile under the Recommendations menu after you create a recommendation for the patient. Please note that once you add the appropriate recommendation for the caregiver, this data will be automatically generated in your monthly cannabis report. Therefore, before submitting, please review the information to ensure its accuracy.
1. Include the patient date of birth (DOB):
Please note, depending on the type of the patient, the date of birth entered must be correct in order to create a profile.
2. Tax-Exempt Patients:
There are 4 different patient types that will have a specific tax tier assigned to each one of them. To create a tax tier follow the steps:
- Click on Config and select Tax;
- Click Create New Tax Tier from the tax menu;
- Set the proper tax percentages;
- Click "Save".
Some patients may be eligible for tax-exempt status (e.g. veterans).
By default, the tax tier is specified on the patient form, where the option "Tax-Exempt" is available. We suggest applying the appropriate tax tier previously created when creating an order.
3. Add a recommendation for the patient:
- Go to "Patients";
- Click on "Patient List";
- Click on the patient name;
- Go to "Recommendations";
- Click on the "Add New Recommendation" tab.
In the "New Recommendation" form, in order to simplify the process, the "Verification Provider" field was pre-filled with the "State MJ Card" value;
- Enter the Registry/Certificate Number. If the field does not include all values (e.g. 15 out of 30 characters), the message "Incorrect Registry/Certificate Number" will be displayed;
- Add an expiration date;
- Click "Save".
Note: If using the iPad to check-in the customer you must enter in dashes on the state ID (HW-7RFG-CW2D-WE4D-LN89-I1LS-JE).
4. Add a caregiver to the patient:
Once the recommendation has been added, if necessary, click on the "Caregiver" button on the right-hand side of the screen and enter the information required:
- Caregiver's First Name;
- Caregiver's Last Name;
- The field of the "Verification Provider" is already pre-filled with the "State MJ Card" value;
- Add the Registry/Certificate Number;
- Add an expiration date;
- Click "Save".
Now you have created a patient profile with a caregiver assigned to this patient.
Note: You do not actually check in the caregiver, but their patient. The sale will be reflected for both the caregiver and the patient in your reporting.
IV. Adding & Editing Vendor Information:
1. Depending on the vendor type (grower or processor), the vendor information can be specified when creating or editing a vendor profile. Information about a vendor must be saved at the time of the product check-in.
2. Vendor information can be edited or changed for the existing vendors. Therefore, the existing vendors can be assigned the new types of vendors.
Use the "Vendor Type" column in the "Vendor List" section to view the selection of available vendors.
We are open to your suggestions and feedback. Thank you for using IndicaOnline. If you have more questions regarding this article, you can submit your request to the tech support.