This document outlines the instructions for retail cannabis store licenses that are necessary to comply with the requirements for tracking and reporting on cannabis products in the state of Oklahoma.
The guidelines listed below must be followed when calculating values submitted on the monthly Cannabis Retailer Compliance Report.
Retailers (licensees) must read and understand the content of this article before they set up their cannabis retail operations. This is necessary to comply with state legislation related to the sale of medical cannabis.
If the commercial licensee fails to submit the required monthly report and fails to correct this deficiency within 30 days of the written notice of the Department, the license may be withdrawn.
For companies registered in Oklahoma State, IndicaOnline has created a list of product types to select from while creating new products. It can be done both in IndicaOnline and on your POS system. Every product should fit into a preexisting product type in the system.
- Trans-dermal Patch
- Combined category
- Immature Plant (seedling)
- Mature Plant
- New product type
We strongly recommend avoiding creating new product types. Once you have created a product, you will not be able to change its type.
1. Restrictions on adding or editing product types
When compliance reports are generated, the key moment is to avoid errors and achieve long-term consistency. Use the following examples for each product type.
Select Edible under the Product Type dropdown. Once you have done that, the Weight and Weight Range tabs will be disabled, along with the Each Only toggle button to make fewer mistakes in your reports.
- Flower/Bud, Shake/Trim, Waste;
Select Flower/Bud, Shake/Trim, Waste under the Product Type dropdown. The tabs Weight, Weight Range will be available. Each Only toggle button will be disabled for the Per Unit, and Per Unit Range tabs.
- Tincture, Topical, Trans-dermal Patch, Extract, Concentrate, Capsule, Suppository, Combined Category;
Select Tincture, Topical, Trans-dermal Patch, Extract, Concentrate, Capsule, Suppository, Combined Category under the Product Type dropdown. All the tabs under the Measurement heading will be available. Each Only toggle button will be disabled for the Per Unit, and Per Unit Range tabs.
- Immature Plant (seedling)/Mature Plant;
The Immature Plant (seedling)/Mature Plant product types "Weight" and "Weight Range" tabs will be disabled when a new product is created and for the same product types with the unit and unit range measurement, the "Each Only" switch will be switched to "YES" and disabled;
- Once all the required information has been entered, click the Save button at the bottom of the page to bring up the pop-up.
This confirmation window makes you aware that there are certain fields you will not be able to change, after you save the new product, such as Marijuana Product, Product Type, Measurement.
- Click OK if you want to apply the changes.
In addition, there is no transfer to another product between MMJ products and non-MMJ products. Transfer to another product for MMJ products can only be carried out between the same product type.
3. Patient Profile
- Adult Patient
- Minor Patient
- Temporary Adult Patient
- Temporary Minor Patient
You will be able to add a caregiver in the corresponding patient profile under the Recommendations menu after you create a recommendation for the patient. Please note that once you add the appropriate recommendation for the caregiver, this data will be automatically generated in your monthly cannabis report. Therefore, before submitting, please review the information to ensure its accuracy.
1. Include the patient date of birth (DOB):
Please note, depending on the type of the patient, the date of birth entered must be correct in order to create a profile.
2. Tax-Exempt Patients:
There are 4 different patient types that will have a specific tax tier assigned to each one of them. To create a tax tier follow the steps:
- Click on Config and select Tax;
- Click Create New Tax Tier from the tax menu;
- Set the proper tax percentages;
- Click "Save".
Some patients may be eligible for tax-exempt status (e.g. veterans).
By default, the tax tier is specified on the patient form, where the option "Tax-Exempt" is available. We suggest applying the appropriate tax tier previously created when creating an order.
3. Add a recommendation for the patient:
- Go to "Patients";
- Click on "Patient List";
- Click on the patient name;
- Go to "Recommendations";
- Click on the "Add New Recommendation" tab.
In the "New Recommendation" form, in order to simplify the process, the "Verification Provider" field was pre-filled with the "State MJ Card" value;
- Enter the Registry/Certificate Number. If the field does not include all values (e.g. 15 out of 30 characters), the message "Incorrect Registry/Certificate Number" will be displayed;
- Add an expiration date;
- Click "Save".
Note: If using the iPad to check-in the customer you must enter in dashes on the state ID (HW-7RFG-CW2D-WE4D-LN89-I1LS-JE).
4. Add a caregiver to the patient:
Once the recommendation has been added, if necessary, click on the "Caregiver" button on the right-hand side of the screen and enter the information required:
- Caregiver's First Name;
- Caregiver's Last Name;
- The field of the "Verification Provider" is already pre-filled with the "State MJ Card" value;
- Add the Registry/Certificate Number;
- Add an expiration date;
- Click "Save".
Now you have created a patient profile with a caregiver assigned to this patient.
Note: You do not actually check in the caregiver, but their patient. The sale will be reflected for both the caregiver and the patient in your reporting.
4. Adding & Editing Vendor Information:
1. Depending on the vendor type (grower or processor), the vendor information can be specified when creating or editing a vendor profile. Information about a vendor must be saved at the time of the product check-in.
2. Vendor information can be edited or changed for the existing vendors. Therefore, the existing vendors can be assigned the new types of vendors.
Use the "Vendor Type" column in the "Vendor List" section to view the selection of available vendors.
Your feedback is important to us. If you have questions or concerns regarding this article, feel free to reach out to our tech support team