This document outlines the instructions for retail cannabis store licenses that are necessary to comply with the requirements for tracking and reporting on cannabis products in the state of Oklahoma.
The guidelines listed below must be followed when calculating values submitted on the monthly Cannabis Retailer Compliance Report.
Retailers (licensees) must read and understand the content of this article before they set up their cannabis retail operations. This is necessary to comply with state legislation related to the sale of medical cannabis.
If the commercial licensee fails to submit the required monthly report and fails to correct this deficiency within 30 days of the written notice of the Department, the license may be withdrawn.
Table of Contents:
- Product Types;
- Patient Profile:
Date of birth;
Adding a Recommendation;
Adding a Caregiver;
- Creating a Vendor.
For companies registered in Oklahoma State, IndicaOnline has created a list of product types to select from while creating new products. It can be done both in IndicaOnline and on your POS system. Every product should fit into a preexisting product type in the system.
- Trans-dermal Patch
- Combined category
- Immature Plant (seedling)
- Mature Plant
- New Product Type
We strongly recommend avoiding creating new product types. Once you have created a product, you will not be able to change its type. Note that you cannot create more than two product types.
Restrictions on adding or editing product types
When compliance reports are generated, the key moment is to avoid errors and achieve long-term consistency. Use the following examples for each product type.
Select Edible under the Product Type dropdown. Once you have done that, the Weight and Weight Range tabs will be disabled, along with the Each Only toggle button to avoid further mistakes in your reports.
- Flower/Bud, Shake/Trim, Waste;
Select Flower/Bud, Shake/Trim, Waste under the Product Type dropdown. The tabs Weight, Weight Range will be available. Each Only toggle button will be disabled for the Per Unit, and Per Unit Range tabs.
- Tincture, Topical, Trans-dermal Patch, Extract, Concentrate, Capsule, Suppository, Combined Category;
Select Tincture, Topical, Trans-dermal Patch, Extract, Concentrate, Capsule, Suppository, Combined Category under the Product Type dropdown. All the tabs under the Measurement heading will be available. Each Only toggle button will be disabled for the Per Unit, and Per Unit Range tabs.
- Immature Plant (seedling)/Mature Plant;
The Immature Plant (seedling)/Mature Plant product types the Weight and Weight Range tabs will be disabled when a new product is created and for the same product types with the Unit and Unit Range measurement, the Each Only toggle button will be switched to YES and disabled;
Pay attention to the Other Information sections while configuring your product settings. Please study the settings definitions below the picture.
Tax Exempt - if you want to subject a product to tax, simply switch the 'Tax Exempt' toggle on/off when creating or editing a product. The tax is disabled by default.
Self Distributed - for California dispensaries operating under non-arm's length (micro business license). If this setting is turned on, 15% excise tax will be taken from the sales price and placed into Excise tax report. Businesses operating under separate medical or retail license should not have this setting turned on.
The Print Label setting will allow product labels to be printed automatically when added to cart. We suggest keeping this setting off for non-marijuana products (you don't need a label for a pipe).
The Show on Potify toggle should be turned on for products that you want to be synced with your online store (Potify or Website). Products with this setting on will be synced to the online store automatically.
The Free Shipping setting is only used for online store integration. When turned on, this product, when ordered by itself, will be processed with free delivery/shipping. It appears when the Show On Potify toggle is on.
Show on Weedmaps - To avoid doing the double-entry and to help save enormous amounts of time you can sync your IndicaOnline menu with Weedmaps automatically. Turn on this setting for all products you want to display on your Weedmaps menu and follow the instructions on how to sync the menus.
- Once all the required information has been entered, click the Save button at the bottom of the page to bring up the pop-up.
This confirmation window makes you aware that there are certain fields you will not be able to change, after you save the new product, such as Marijuana Product, Product Type, Measurement.
- Click OK if you really want to apply the changes.
In addition, there is no transfer to another product between MMJ products and non-MMJ products. Transfer to another product for MMJ products can only be carried out between the same product type.
- Adult Patient
- Minor Patient
- Temporary Adult Patient
- Temporary Minor Patient
You will be able to add a caregiver in the corresponding patient profile under the Recommendations menu after you create a recommendation for the patient. Please note that once you add the appropriate recommendation for the caregiver, this data will be automatically generated in your monthly cannabis report. Therefore, before submitting, please review the information to ensure its accuracy.
1. Include the patient date of birth (DOB):
Depending on the type of the patient, the date of birth entered must be accurate in order to create a profile.
2. Tax-Exempt Patients:
There are 4 different patient types that will have a specific tax tier assigned to each one of them. To create a tax tier, do the following:
- Click Config along with Tax, press the New button to the right of the Tax Settings header;
- Give it a name, set the proper tax percentage and click Save to confirm the changes;
Some patients may be eligible for tax-exempt status (e.g. veterans).
By default, the tax tier is specified on the patient form, where the option Tax-Exempt is available. We suggest applying the appropriate previously created tax tier under the Tax Profile drop-down when creating a patient.
3. Add a recommendation for the patient:
- Go to Patients, click the Patient List tab and select a patient;
- Press the Actions drop-down tab and select Add Recommendation; or
- Click the Recommendations section on the left and then the Add New Recommendation button on the new page on the left;
In the New Recommendation pop-up, in order to simplify the process, the Verification Provider field is pre-filled with the State MJ Card value;
- Enter the Registry/Certificate Number. If the field does not include all values (e.g. 15 out of 30 characters), the message 'Incorrect Registry/Certificate Number' will be displayed;
- Add an expiration date (Valid From-To) and click Save to add the recommendation;
If using the iPad to check in the customer you must enter in dashes on the state ID (HW-7RFG-CW2D-WE4D-LN89-I1LS-JE).
4. Add a caregiver to the patient:
Once the recommendation has been added, if necessary:
- click the Caregiver button on the right-hand side of the screen;
- Enter the information required: Caregiver's First Name/Last Name, the Verification Provider field is already pre-filled with the State MJ Card value, the Registry/Certificate Number, an expiration date (Valid From-To) and click Save to confirm the changes.
Now you have created a patient profile with a caregiver assigned to this patient.
You do not actually check in the caregiver, but their patient. The sale will be reflected for both the caregiver and the patient in your reporting.
Adding & Editing Vendor Information:
- Go to Inventory on the left-hand side of the screen and click the Add New Vendor tab to bring up the New Product Vendor page;
- or press the Vendors tab and click the +Add New Vendor button on the right-hand side of the screen. You can also edit or delete the existing vendor under the Actions column header;
- Fill out all the necessary information and click the Save button on the bottom right-hand side of the screen to add the vendor.
Depending on the vendor type (Grower, Processor, Dispensary, Gear & Accessories), the vendor information can be specified when creating or editing a vendor profile. Information about a vendor must be saved at the time of the product check-in.
Use the search filters (Vendor Name, License, Phone or Type) to find the vendor you want to have a closer look at.
Your feedback is important to us. If you have questions or concerns regarding this article, feel free to reach out to our tech support team