In order for your marketing newsletter to work through the Twilio service, you need to contact IndicaOnline technical support to activate this new feature.
2. In order to complete the system integration process, you need to fill in three fields in your IndicaOnline account with the corresponding values which you can find in your Twilio account:
- Account SID
- Auth Token
- Messaging Service ID
3. Next, in your IndicaOnline account go to "Config" → Email & SMS Settings → SMS Settings and paste these values into the two fields (fig. 4 and 5);
4. Next, in the Twilio console click on the three dots sign and choose the "Programmable SMS" menu;
5. Navigate to the SMS section, choose Messaging Services and click on the "Create New Messaging Service" tab;
6. Then, in "Create a New Messaging Service" popup window, put the "New Messaging Service" name and use the drop-down menu to select "Marketing, Outbound Only" and click "Create";
7. Next, if you have already bought a Twilio number, click on the Messaging Service you have just created, select the "Numbers" section and add your existing number;
8. If you do not have a Twilio number yet, under the Messaging Service you have just created select the "Numbers" section, click on the plus icon and select "Buy a Number" to allow outbound SMS;
Please note that the amount of added numbers depends on how many text messages you can send each day.
Twilio allows you to send short message service (SMS) for 500 messages per day. The 500 message limit is the maximum limit you are allowed to use to prevent your phone number from being blocked.
For instance, if you send 10,000 text messages per day, then you need to add at least 20 numbers.
9. Enter the desired area code for the Outbound Number and click on "Search" to list the available options;
10. Proceed by going back to the Messaging Service you have created, select the "Configure" section and copy the contents of the "SERVICE SID" field;
11. Go to your IndicaOnline account now and paste the copied "SERVICE SID" value into the "Messaging Service ID" field and click "Save";
12. Once this has been done, the next step is to send a message to the test phone number from your IndicaOnline account. Simply enter a phone number in the "Test Phone Number" field and press the "Send Test SMS" button. Twilio will let you know that you've established a connection once you get a response.
We are open to your suggestions and feedback. Thank you for using IndicaOnline. If you have more questions regarding this article, you can submit your request to the tech support.