The improved fulfillment feature is available in the Dispatcher and Non-Dispatcher modes. Dispatcher mode allows your staff members to reserve products for orders that will be fulfilled later. The update also makes it possible to sell Metrc products on Potify.
When using the dispatcher mode, your staff are divided into two groups:
1) dispatchers, who handle orders coming through the phone or via the website. They create them by putting the items into the cart using the application only, having no real access to the shelf.
2) budtenders, who have access to the shelf and are responsible for the fulfillment process.
As a dispatcher, make sure you have the following settings configured:
- Navigate to Settings ⇒ Inventory and enable Dispatcher Mode.
- Tap the Patients tab, make sure to switch the Enable Walk-in Visit toggle off and the Open Patient List after PIN on.
To create an order that later would be fulfilled by other staff members, do the following:
- Sign in to your IndicaOline POS. With the Open Patient List after PIN option enabled, you should see the patient list right after signing in. Select the patient and tap the Add Order button under the patient's name.
- Fill out the Delivery Address, Delivery Time, and Note in the Order Information pop-up. Tap Next and in the next window select the Office/Hub, Shipping Method, and Courier Register. If you do not know the courier yet, they can be assigned later. Hit the Save button to confirm the changes.
- The Delivery order cart is set by default. Select the items and their amount and hit the Save button to confirm the order has been created.
The Fulfillment option allows dispatchers to add Metrc items in the cart without scanning their barcodes ONLY if the cart is built after selecting the patient and clicking the Add Order button.
To create a Pick Up order, simply slide the toggle to the left, confirm your action by tapping Change Order Type in the notification pop-up, and create a new order.
As a budtender, make sure you have the following settings configured:
- Navigate to Settings ⇒ Receipt and Label and switch the Print Kitchen Receipt after Start Fulfilling toggle on. It is designed to help you fulfill your order without having to carry your register with you;
- Tap Inventory, enable Dispatcher Mode and set the Fulfillment Auto Clear Out Time setting. There is a certain period of time in which you have to fulfill the order. When the time is up, the order fulfillment list will clear and the process will start over.
To fulfill an order with the assigned courier, do the following:
- Sign in to your IndicaOnline POS, tap the Orders tab and hit the In Transit order. Depending on whether the dispatcher has assigned the driver or not, you will see the status of the order as either In Transit or Pending.
- Tap the Start Fulfilling button to bring up the Fulfillment screen;
You will not be able to tap any button in the order profile that is currently being fulfilled by another budtender. If you try to, you will be alerted that it is being processed.
The left side of the screen contains the items you are to collect with the timer on top, indicating how much time is left for you to finish the fulfillment. You can tap Edit Order if you need to change something. For example, some products have been taken to fulfill other orders and are no longer available. In this case, you can replace them with other products confirming the changes with the customer first. You can also tap Print Kitchen Receipt if you forgot to enable it in settings. On the right side, the packaged products will appear.
- Tap the question mark in the top right corner to bring up the helper on how to use the fulfillment screen.
You have to scan the product barcodes to make them appear on the right side of the screen. It is impossible to add items by scanning the SKU and UPC barcodes.
- Use the barcode scanner or tap the barcode icon in the upper right corner to add the item;
- Let your tablet scan the barcode or if you are unable to do this, tap the keyboard icon in the upper left corner and input the barcode manually;
When adding a Metrc product with more than 1 quantity in the cart you will have to scan every item you are to add separately; because they may be from different packages. For Non-Metrc products, with more than 1 quantity on the cart, you only need 1 barcode and tap Add next to the product name for the system to add the rest.
For example, the numbers under the product weight 80 stand for 0 pcs - how many items we have collected, 3 pcs - how many we need to collect and 45 pcs max - how many we have available on the shelf. When you tap the Add button you are to scan just 1 out of 3 products and all the rest will be added automatically. Products that have already been packaged will be highlighted in green and the checkmark will appear.
During the fulfillment, the quantity of some products may be transferred to another shelf/storage/product which will lead to the Out Of Stock alert notifying that you do not have enough product quantity to complete the order, but you can tap the Edit Order button and edit the item amount if the patient agrees to the change.
For example, we have 12 pcs max to sell, and are to collect 12 pcs. At some point during the fulfillment, the product quantity has been adjusted and only 8 pcs are left to sell. It would be possible to sell 3 pcs but not 9 pcs.
If you have run out of time, you will be notified as well.
- Simply tap Add Time to continue collecting the items for the order or Cancel Fulfillment which will clear out the fulfillment screen;
You will have 2 minutes to add time. In case you do it after the time is up you will get an alert, the order will be automatically cleared and you will have to start over.
The right-hand side of the screen shows the products you have scanned and packaged along with the quantity ordered. With Metrc products, you can see the package it was taken from. Here you can also hit the garbage bin icon if you have accidentally scanned the wrong barcode. The item will appear on the left and you will be able to add it again by scanning the correct barcode.
- After all the products have been packaged, the Mark as Fulfilled button will become active. Hit it to finish the fulfillment.
Keep in mind that if the prices have been changed during the fulfillment process, the total amount will be recalculated.
- You will be brought back to the order screen, where you can Reassign the courier or Cancel the order. You can also tap the ellipsis button to view hidden actions such as Edit Delivery Info, Edit Cart, etc.
- After the order has been delivered and paid for, the status will become Completed
To fulfill an order with no courier assigned, do the following:
- Hit the Pending order;
- Press the Accept button at the bottom of the page and then on the notification pop-up;
- You can assign the courier here or later. Tap the Start Fulfilling button to bring up the Fulfillment screen and repeat the order fulfillment process.
You will need to press the Start Fulfilling button BEFORE assigning orders to your drivers so that they are able to check out these orders.
Your feedback is important to us. If you have questions or concerns regarding this article, feel free to reach out to our tech support team.