Package Control is a new IndicaOnline feature that helps you with keeping better track of the product sales record by packages. With this feature, the package with the most quantity in it will be selected automatically when scanning its barcode in your POS register. Though with the Manual Package Selection setting enabled you will be able to choose the package manually and see how much product quantity each package contains.
Package Control will be available within every company. California, Colorado, Oregon, Arizona, Oklahoma, Massachusetts, Michigan, Alaska companies will have to enable the Package Control setting in order to see the UID field in the Check In Product form and be able to select a package when printing labels.
How To Set Permissions for Package Control
Make sure you have one of the following sets of permissions to be able to work with Package Control:
- Manage Safe/Shelf Inventory + Edit Product;
- View Shelf Inventory + Edit Product;
- Manage Shelf Inventory + Edit Product.
ATTENTION. Make sure to turn on the Package Control setting, which allows to use the Package Control toggle within the product.
To turn it on, go to Config -> Settings.
In the Inventory section select the Package Control checkbox and click the Save button.
Now you are able to use Package Control.
PLEASE NOTE! If the Package Control setting is disabled, all Package Control Quantity toggles will be switched off, and you would not be able to use the "Enable Package Control" option on Product Profile → Actions.
Or on Product Profile -> Edit Product.
Trying to enable it will show the following message:
Please note, that if you disable the "Package Control" setting, but there are Package Control products with Available + On Hold qty > 0, then those products will be set as PCQ products (with all the PCQ products logic). Once PCQ product reaches Available + On Hold qty = 0, then the PCQ toggle is switched off and all PCQ toggles in all Product Profiles are disabled.
How To Enable Package Control
You can enable the setting in a couple of ways on IndicaOnline web app (a UNIT product is taken as an example):
1) Go to Inventory -> Add New Product, or open the existing product by navigating to Inventory -> Product List.
2) Go to Actions -> Edit Product.
3) Switch the Enable Package Control toggle from the Inventory section to ON (YES) to enable it. Enable Package Control setting is disabled by default. The product must have no quantity available, otherwise, the toggle will be inactive and disabled.
Once enabled and saved, the setting cannot be disabled. If the product still has some quantity available and Package Control disabled, the setting will be locked and you will not be able to change it until there is no product quantity left. The Show on Potify toggle will be disabled and inactive as well if the company does not have Fulfillment.
4) On the product profile click Actions -> Enable Package Control. The tab will not be visible if the setting has already been enabled.
5) Read the Confirmation pop-up and click the Confirm button if you agree and want to enable the setting for this product. Depending on the measurement of the product (Weight/Weight Range, Unit/Unit Range), Point 4 will differ.
Please refer to this article to learn how to print labels from your web browser.
When you have enabled the setting, the icon next to your product will turn from Non-Metrc to Package Control Enabled.
What is new within Package Control?
1) With the feature enabled, you can choose a package (if there is more than one) when transferring or adjusting product quantity. Transferring quantity from one product to another will be impossible and the Another Product button will be disabled.
- Open the product profile with the Package Control enabled and drag and drop the product quantity to bring up the pop-up and select the package.
- Click the barcode icon on the product management screen to view what packages still have some quantity available and what have been already sold.
2) UID field is obligatory to fill out when checking in the product. The UID (unique identifier) number is an alphanumeric code of 18-30 characters that helps to identify and track packages, or can be used to integrate with the Compliance System Tracking.
You will be notified if the UID you entered has already been used to check in another package. You can go to the Checked In Packages tab to find it or click the highlighted package number to be navigated to the Edit Package page.
If the package with the UID you entered is in the system but hasn't been checked in yet, you will be suggested to go to Pending Packages to check in the product from there.
3) You can choose the package manually without scanning its barcode in your POS register.
Go to Config -> Settings.
Select the Manual Package Selection checkbox to be able to select the package manually without scanning its barcode and click Save.
Enabling this setting also lets you add Metrc products without scanning their barcodes when Dispatcher Mode is disabled.
Please refer to this article to see how to work with Package Control on your POS register.
Please refer to this article to learn how to create and fulfill orders with Package Control.
Your feedback is important to us. If you have questions or concerns regarding this article, feel free to reach out to our tech support team.