When a new customer comes to sign up to be a patient at your dispensary and to legally purchase medical marijuana products, they must submit their doctor's recommendation. Most of these documents will have a phone number or website to verify the legitimacy.
Please refer to this article to learn how to add a recommendation to the Patient Profile.
If you want to be sure that the recommendation is valid and the patient type matches your office type, do the following:
- Sign in to your IndicaOnline POS account, tap Menu to bring up the left-hand side panel and navigate to Settings.
- Tap the Patients tab and switch on the Check Recommendation Status toggle. The setting will be enabled on all POS registers within the company and in your IndicaOnline account as well.
The system will verify the necessary information when you check in a patient, add an order under the patient profile or add a patient to create an order. The patient can be checked in from the Patient page and from the Patient Profile by clicking the Check In button to the right of the patient name.
The system will inform you if:
- the patient does not have a recommendation. Simply tap the Add New Rec. button to add one.
- the patient recommendation is expired.
- the patient type does not match the type you have selected for the office. Tap the Edit Patient Type button if you want to change it.
Keep in mind that the patient and office types will differ within a company.
Please refer to this article to learn how to enable the validation setting in your IndicaOnline account.
Your feedback is important to us. If you have questions or concerns regarding this article, feel free to reach out to our tech support team.