IndicaOnline is excited to announce our new RFID solution for cannabis dispensaries. Reconciling your inventory every month will no longer be a tedious task. Achieve maximum visibility into your inventory, perform store-wide audits in seconds, easily keep track of stock and quickly identify any discrepancies or loss using our state-of-the-art RFID scanner.
To get down to Product Audit, you need to connect the RFID scanner to your POS register first:
Go to Settings ⇒ Bluetooth on your device. Turn the RFID scanner on and ensure Bluetooth is enabled. If not, press the RFID Bluetooth button for one second to make it discoverable. As soon as the scanner is discovered, the Bluetooth LED slowly flashes blue. Touch the RFD8500 in the list of available discoverable devices, and press the scanner trigger to pair.
When you pair several scanners with your device via Bluetooth, use the serial number represented by the Locate Device bar code under the antenna compartment to identify a specific RFID scanner to pair.
When the scanner is connected to the POS register, you can quickly audit the inventory, by doing the following:
- Sign in to your IndicaOnline POS account, navigate to Settings on the left-hand side of the screen, tap the Inventory tab and switch the Product Audit toggle to the right under the Product Settings section.
- Tap Menu in the upper left corner to bring up the side panel, press Inventory and select Product Audit. This tab will be hidden if the Product Audit toggle in Inventory Settings is off.
- On the Product Audit screen, use the drop-down menu buttons to choose the Office and the product Category you would like to review. Tap the connect button under the inactive Start Audit button to choose the scanner you will be using and connect it to your POS register. Press Start Audit when all is set up.
Give the scanner some time to read and capture the RFID tags on your products. When the process starts, the tag count will be displayed on the screen. In the Expected column, you will see the number of products you have in the system. Actual is how many items you physically have in the Office. And if Expected does not match Actual, the quantity to adjust will be shown in the Difference column. Under each column, you will see the corresponding cell: Exp. Tags, Scanned, Remaining, with the total tag count in it. If you stopped seeing the number of the remaining tags decreasing, tap the Stop Scanning button to adjust the product quantity.
Make sure the tags are attached in a way that is easy for the scanner to identify, and there are no obstacles that can obstruct the scanning process.
In the upper-right corner, you have the Search bar to quickly find the product by its name. Also, there are two indicators: one shows the battery charge of your scanner, the other will notify you if it is overheated.
- Touch the expand and collapse button to view the package with the quantity difference. Tap the number in the Expected column to bring up the Adjust Quantity pop-up window. Tap the Resume Scanning button after all the adjustments have been made to verify there are no more tags to scan.
In the Adjust Quantity pop-up window, the Adjustment Units field will be automatically filled out with the amount of the product indicated in the Difference column. Ensure the quantity is correct, provide the reason for adjustment, decide whether to add an expense or not, leave a note and tap the Adjust button to complete the action.
- When the Actual and Expected columns have the same tag count and the Remaining cell value equals zero, tap the Complete Audit button to end the process.
You will be notified that the Product Audit has been successfully completed.
To learn how to configure your Zebra RFID printer, please refer to this article.
Your feedback is important to us. If you have questions or concerns regarding this article, feel free to reach out to our tech support team.