In order to encourage purchases, you will be able to create codes for Products, Patient Groups, Offices, etc., and apply them to individual products or the entire order both on IndicaOnline and Potify.
To create a promo code:
- Log in to your IndicaOnline account, go to Marketing on the left-hand side of the screen and click the Discounts tab to access the Discount List.
- Press the New tab in the top right of Discount List to create a new promo code.
The Promo code creation is divided into three parts:
- The Promo Code radio button is selected by default. You can choose to select one of the order sources and create a promo code that will be used either on Indica POS or Potify. Or you can select both and have the same promo codes within two platforms. Keep in mind, the list of conditions will be narrowed down.
- If you choose to apply a promo code as Item Discount, all the product items that fit the set of conditions will be discounted. If you choose to apply it as Cart Discount, the subtotal of the entire order will be discounted.
- Enter a discount name and type in either a percentage or a dollar amount as a discount value. Fill out the Promo Code field with the code that a customer should enter or show to get a discount.
- By default, all discounts are Active, and when a discount expires, its status automatically changes to Inactive. If you make a discount inactive and set a future date as the start date, the discount will stay inactive in spite of the start date. All inactive discounts can be made active again.
- The Exclude Items On Special toggle is inactive by default. You can enable it, if you do not want a promo code to give the items on special an additional discount.
- The Individual Use Only toggle is inactive by default. You can enable it, if you want a promo code to be the only discount in the order, no other promo codes or manual discounts can be applied.
- Set the start and end date of a promo code. Select the Ongoing check box to the right of the Expires On field for a promo code to be active all the time, unless specified otherwise.
- For the Happy Days setting, leave the check marks next to the days you want a promo code to be active. You cannot uncheck all days, because it will make a promo code inactive.
- Set the Happy Hours setting for a promo code to be applicable within certain time periods. By default, it is set to 24 hours.
The set of conditions will change according to the order source you select and if it's an item or cart discount.
1. In-Store + Item Discount: at least one of the following conditions must be selected: Product, Product Category, Product Tag.
- You can select only one condition. For example: by selecting a product category, all the products in the cart from this category will be discounted.
- Or you can select several conditions. For example: by selecting a product, product category, and an office there should be either one product that falls under all these conditions or two products that fall under one of the conditions, and of course, a promo code will be applicable in the selected office only.
- Conditions that are left empty will not be a part of a promo code.
2. In-Store + Cart Discount: at least one of the following conditions must be selected: Office, Patient Group, Patient Type, Minimum Spend.
- You can also select only one condition or several conditions that will give a discount to the cart.
3. Potify + Item Discount: at least one of the conditions must be selected.
- You can select only one condition. For example: by selecting a product, only the product selected will be discounted. If it's a weight product and there are different pre-packs in the cart, then all these pre-packs will be discounted.
- Or you can select several conditions. For example: by selecting a product, product category, there should be either one product that falls under all these conditions or two products that fall under one of the conditions.
4. Potify + Cart Discount: the only condition here is Minimum Spend. When it is not filled out, the minimum spend amount will be considered 0.
Please refer to the How to Apply Promo Codes On POS article to get to know how to apply promo codes.
Your feedback is important to us. If you have questions or concerns regarding this article, feel free to reach out to our tech support team.