In order to encourage purchases, you will be able to create codes for Products, Patient Groups, Offices, etc., and apply them to individual products or the entire order both on IndicaOnline and Potify.
How to create a Promo Code Discount
Go to Marketing -> Discounts.
On the Discount List page click the New button.
- Select Promo Code as the discount type.
- Select the In-Store and/or Potify Order Source. You can choose to select one of the order sources and create a promo code that will be used either on Indica or Potify. Or you can select both and have the same promo codes within two platforms.
Please note that the Order Source field cannot be edited once the discount has been saved.
- If you choose to apply a promo code as Item Discount, all the product items that fit the set of conditions will be discounted, even newly created.
If you choose to apply it as Cart Discount, the subtotal of the entire order will be discounted.
- Enter the Discount Name. Discount Name is a unique internal IndicaOnline name.
- Enter the Display Name (available if Potify Order Source is selected). Display Name is a name that may be displayed on Potify Dispensary Promo page.
- Enable the Set As Specials On Potify toggle (available if Potify Order Source is selected). Discount will be displayed on Product Tile and as Specials Filter on Potify. If disabled, then Discount will not be displayed on Product Tile and in Specials filter on Potify, but Discount would still be available on Potify for applying on the checkout.
Please note that if Set As Specials On Potify toggle is enabled, the Limit Per Discount settings would not be available.
To see how Specials filter is displayed on Potify, see the Displaying on Potify section of this article.
- Set the Discount Value as either a percentage or a dollar amount as a discount value.
- Set the status to Active if you want the discount preset to be applied once a Patient enters Promo Code and once conditions are met in the Cart, or Inactive if you want to disable it.
- Fill out the Promo Code field with the code that a customer should enter or show to get a discount.
- The Exclude Items On Special toggle is inactive by default. You can enable it, if you do not want a promo code to give the items with special price an additional discount.
- The Individual Use Only toggle is inactive by default. You can enable it, if you want a promo code to be the only discount in the order, so it will be non-stackable (no other promo codes, manual, auto-apply, or BOGO discounts can be applied).
Limit per Discount
- Limit per Discount Section allows setting up discount re-use limitation in relation to one Patient individually or a number of Patients. Please note that if Set As Specials On Potify toggle is enabled, the Limit Per Discount settings would not be available.
- Enable the Number of Uses toggle and set the desired amount of applications of Promo Code discount. Number of Uses (Left) may be changed at any time, but as soon as Left value reaches zero, the discount application will be disabled immediately.
- Enable Once per Patient toggle to limit application of Promo Code once per each Patient. This setting is disabled by default
- Enable the First Time Patient toggle for Patients that never had any orders in your Company. This toggle cannot be enabled if Potify Order Source is selected
Set the start and end date of a promo code's availability. Select the Ongoing checkbox for a promo code to be active all the time, unless specified otherwise.
Click on the Starts On or Expires On fields and select the desired month and day using the calendar.
For the Happy Days setting, select the checkboxes next to the days you want a promo code to be active. You cannot uncheck all days, because it will make a promo code inactive.
Set the Happy Hours setting for a promo code to be applicable within certain time periods. By default, it is set to 24 hours.
Click on the Happy Hours From or To fields and drag the Hour and Minute sliders to specify the time. Click Done to confirm.
Click the button to add additional Happy Hours. Click the button to delete additional Happy Hours.
Specify the conditions for your Promo Code discount.
For both Cart Discount and Item Discount, the following conditions are available:
- Office. All offices are selected by default, or you can specify the offices that this discount will be available at
- Patient Group. Discount is applied to all Patients by default, but you can specify Patient Groups you want Discount to be available for. See this article for more information about adding Patients to Patient Groups
- Patient Type. All Patient Types are selected by default, but you can specify the Discount's availability for a certain Patient Type
- Minimum Spend. Specify the order subtotal amount that should be reached by the Patient in order to get either Cart or Item Discount
- Maximum Spend. Specify the order subtotal amount that, once reached, will disable the Promo Code
For item discounts, Product Conditions are available and function similarly to Filters. Filter the Products that you want your Promo Code discount to be available for.
Available Product Conditions are:
- Product Category
- Strain Type
- Product Tag
Do you want specific products to be discounted? Just select Product condition, click on the Enter Name field, and it will display a dropdown list with all available Products. You can select multiple Products from the dropdown.
Want to choose all pre-rolls from STIIIZY? You do not have to pick them manually from the Product List.
You can simply choose condition Brand is STIIIZY, then click the Add Condition and specify Product Category is Pre Rolls (in the same Condition Block).
If you add a new product that falls under the existing discount conditions, then this product will be automatically discounted. For example, you have a discount for STIIIZY Pre Rolls. When you add a new Pre Roll of STIIIZY brand to IndicaOnline, it will fall under your discount conditions and will be automatically discounted.
If you want to select not only STIIIZY Pre Rolls, but also STIIIZY Pods, then add Pods into the same Product Category field as Pre Rolls (using multiselect).
And if you would like to select not only STIIIZY Pre Rolls and Pods, but also BLOOM Vape Pens, you can add additional Condition Block by clicking the Add Condition Block button. And then specify Brand is Bloom, and Product Category is Vape Pens.
You can select the filter is or isn't, which works as an inclusive/exclusive filter.
Please note, that if you select the Product Category condition and select the category (i.e. Edibles), then only products from the Edibles category will be discounted. Product from Edibles Sub-categories would not be added.
You can delete conditions inside the block by clicking the button, or delete condition blocks by clicking the Delete Block button.
Clicking the Save button will save all the discount settings and sync the newly created Promo Code to either POS, Potify, or both for further application.
Displaying on Potify
All discounts with the enabled Set As Specials On Potify toggle are displayed on the Specials filter menu on Potify.
On the Specials filter menu, Customers can switch between Discounts by clicking on the Discount name (i.e. "10% Off All Concentrates" and "20% Daily Special with Promo Code..." etc) and leave the Specials filter menu by clicking the Clear button.
During Checkout, on the Summary Page Customers are able to see all products added to cart, and see all applied discounts.
To see detailed information on the item discount, click the icon.
Customers can also see all applied discounts by clicking on the icon near Automatic Discounts.
Customers can delete the applied promo code by clicking on it.
Customers can add a Promo Code by clicking the Add a Promo Code button.
Then Customers can enter a Promo Code into the Promo Code field and click Apply.
Please refer to the How to Apply Promo Codes On POS article to get to know how to apply promo codes.
On Potify, a Patient can apply a Promo Code during the checkout by clicking the Add a Promo Code button, entering the Promo Code into the Enter Promo Code field, and clicking Apply.
Your feedback is important to us. If you have questions or concerns regarding this article, feel free to reach out to our tech support team.