Now, there is no need to destroy Metrc or Package Control products when they are returned for a refund. If the product and its package are undamaged, it can easily be refunded and returned to Shelf.
To refund Metrc or Package Control products, do the following:
- In the POS left pane, tap Orders, and then select the order you need to refund.
- In the bottom left corner of the order right pane, tap Refund.
- Select the product you want to refund. In the Returned Items column specify the quantity. The toggle for Non-Metrc and Non-Package Control products is always enabled.
- With Metrc and Package Control products, you can choose to send the items for mandated destruction by leaving the toggle disabled, or return them to Shelf by enabling the Return to Shelf toggle, and then tap Refund.
Please note that IndicaOnline will not record an expense for a refund with the enabled Return to Shelf toggle.
- You will be asked to enter the manager's PIN, and once you do that, the product items selected can be returned to the packages they were taken from and to Shelf for resale.
- The products that have been refunded to Shelf once cannot be refunded again.
The refunded transactions will be shown in the Daily Sigh-In Sheet report with a negative value.
Orders with DC Terminal as a payment method cannot be refunded:
- If the patient is unknown.
- If you have Points Program enabled and use store credits as discounts.
In this case, to get a refund in Store Credits, you need to disable the Use Bonus Point As Discount Only setting on IndicaOnline: Config → Points Program.
If you encounter this error when processing a Metrc refund,
it means that the package has been finished in Metrc, but you have not finished it in IndicaOnline. Reach out to tech support to have it fixed. To avoid such errors in future, make sure to enable the Automatically Finish METRC Packages setting on your PC (Config - Settings - Inventory Settings):
Your feedback is important to us. If you have questions or concerns regarding this article, feel free to reach out to our tech support team.