Exchange is an alternative to the Refund process for Orders with Completed/Partially Paid/Unpaid status.
To Exchange products, do the following:
1) On POS, select an order Completed/Partially Paid/Unpaid status.
Then tap the Exchange button.
2) On the Exchange pop-up screen select the product that you want to exchange by tapping the checkbox near the product's name in the Product column.
3) After selecting the product, you can tap the button to subtract , and tap the button to add the quantity of exchanged items in the Exchanged Items column.
Switch the Return to Shelf toggle on if you want to return the product quantity back to shelf. Otherwise, if the toggle is switched off, the product quantity will be irreversibly destroyed.
Please note, that Return to Shelf toggle is switched on by default for Package Control and non-Metrc items.
Tap the Tap to Scan Barcode button.
4) Tap the icon to start scanning.
5) Scan barcodes by placing the viewfinder of your POS' camera directly above the barcode (as seen on the screenshot below).
If the Product has been selected in quantity more than 1, then after scanning the barcode the To Scan quantity will decreas by 1, and Scanned quantity will increase by 1.
You can only scan the same products.
6) After successfully scanning all products you will be able to get back to Exchange screen.
Tap the Finalize Exchange button.
Then the transactions are sent to Metrc, and Exchanged items receive the Exchanged status on the order profile on POS and IndicaOnline web app, and Exchanged Activity is added to the Order Activity Log.
— Status on POS
— Status on IndicaOnline web app
You can use Exchange Filter by going to Inventory -> Orders -> Filter Orders -> Select Filter -> Exchange.
Then you can select Present or Absent.
Present displays all orders with exchanges, and Absent displays orders without exchanges.
Your feedback is important to us. If you have questions or concerns regarding this article, feel free to reach out to our tech support team.