This functionality is available for dispensaries located in USA only.
Differential Pricing allows setting up and using different prices for the same product for different Patient Types.
Each Product Price has a Default Price (price set for a product without any differentiation by Patient Type), and a Price Patient Type Designation (Patient Type to which the price corresponds to). A single product can have different sets of prices for Recreational and Medical (Caregiver) Patient Types.
How to enable Differential Pricing Per Patient Type
1) Go to Config -> Settings.
In the Inventory Settings section enable the Setting Up Prices Per Patient Type toggle.
If the Setting Up Prices Per Patient Type toggle is enabled, you will be able to:
- set up prices per Patient Type on Price Preset, Add Preset, and Edit Preset forms (see How to Set Up Price Presets article for more information);
- set up prices per Patient Type on Product Profile on Add Product or Edit Product forms (see How to Set Up Measurements for Products article for more information).
Moreover, if Setting Up Prices Per Patient Type toggle is enabled, the following changes will occur:
- Sales Price column from Totals and Prices section on the Product profile will be divided into Recreational Sales Price and Medical Sales Price columns;
- On Potify, unauthorized Patients, and authorized Recreational Patients will see Recreational Price. Authorized Medical Patients will see Medical Price;
- Product List for Weight products (Advanced View) will display both Recreational and Medical Prices. Also, Retail Sale Price g, Retail Sale Price 1/8, and Retail Price per Unit will be displayed (Basic View) (see Product List Overview article for more information);
- Price and Special Price columns on Product profile -> Specials tab will be divided into Medical Price/Recreational Price for Price column, and Medical Special Price/Recreational Special Price for Special Price column (see How to Set Up Product Specials article for more information);
- Medical and Recreational Prices will be displayed on Apple TV;
- All Price columns in the .csv file (Inventory -> Product List -> Actions -> Export to .csv) will contain Recreational and Medical prices;
- All prices in the Sample File (Inventory -> Product List -> Actions -> Import Products) will contain Recreational and Medical prices;
- Default Syncing Price field will be available for Leafly and Weedmaps integrations (Config -> Leafly; Config -> Weedmaps).
Your feedback is important to us. If you have questions or concerns regarding this article, feel free to reach out to our tech support team.